Michelle Pini is Independent Australia's senior editor as well as a Melbourne freelance writer and broadcaster. Her work has appeared in a variety of publications.
Michelle has a Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences and a Master of Communication. Her prior marketing career within the wine industry spanned over 20 years and included corporate management roles as well as her own marketing consultancy.
Michelle is an enthusiastic advocate for social equity, human rights and the environment, and an active community member. She lives in Melbourne with her partner and two daughters.
Articles written by Michelle Pini (33)
- 11 July 2018 | BETWEEN YOU AND ME: Mike Smith on politics and the media
- 20 June 2018 | Fiercely protecting the ABC and Michelle Guthrie
- 29 May 2018 | How Dutton and Molan justify the heinous
- 18 April 2018 | Elderly, disabled, jobless or homeless? The Coalition is still blaming you
- 26 March 2018 | ‘Dead to me’: The world according to Peter Dutton
- 7 March 2018 | Stopping Adani’s dirty mine: Our politicians’ love affair with fossil fuels
- 21 February 2018 | Wayne Swan on retirement, Abbott, Turnbull and right-wing radicalisation
- 30 January 2018 | Morrison, Dutton or Turnbull: Who is the cruellest minister of them all?
- 30 December 2017 | City of Melbourne: World's most liveable city ... unless you're homeless
- 13 December 2017 | How have you disappointed me, Malcolm Turnbull?
- 29 November 2017 | Fifield ignores #NBNFail to voice outrage at Triple J's Hottest 100 move
- 15 November 2017 | Australia votes YES: Love is in the air, but is marriage equality?
- 3 November 2017 | Manus refugees left to rot as son-of-a-refugee Frydenberg whines about s44
- 30 October 2017 | Coalition and Co Comedy Capers: Absolutely fabulously nothing
- 25 October 2017 | AFP union raids, GetUp, Cash and Turnbull's 21 pesky polls in a row
- 8 September 2017 | EDITORIAL: The same sex marriage bullet
- 28 August 2017 | Coalition and Co Comedy Capers
- 9 August 2017 | Turnbull takes his Elizabethan Australia back to the same-sex plebiscite
- 12 July 2017 | Will same-sex marriage dethrone Turnbull and the Coalition?
- 26 June 2017 | Anaphylaxis: When food can kill you
- 3 May 2017 | Elderly, disabled, jobless or homeless? It’s your fault, according to the Coalition
- 8 February 2017 | NEWS UPDATE: Cory Bernardi's ship finally sails
- 4 January 2017 | Pension cuts: The abuse of our elderly citizens
- 7 December 2016 | Speaking up for asylum seekers on Nauru — but only when spoken to
- 20 September 2016 | Plebiscite or bust: A Coalition folly
- 17 August 2016 | 103 Nauru and Manus staff speak out: 'Bring them here immediately'
- 3 August 2016 | Don Dale abuse: The NT Royal Commission and maintaining outrage
- 14 June 2016 | Freedom of speech: Not coming to a university near you
- 21 April 2016 | And then there was Malcolm
- 28 August 2015 | A taxing bodily function
- 1 August 2015 | Australia's complacency in the face of worldwide bee decline
- 16 July 2015 | Abbott's overreach on ABC could lose him votes
- 13 June 2015 | Educating Australians about Fukushima's implications: Dr Helen Caldicott
Donate to IA
We need YOU!
IA punches above its weight.
Help us sharpen our knuckledusters.
PLEASE DONATE NOW!