Rocky Dabscheck was born in Melbourne's CBD. Tested at birth, and found to be allergic to money, his destiny was mapped out before he'd uttered his first word.
A musician/songwriter he would be.Well known as the front person for 'Rocky and The Two Bob Millionaires', his guitar has taken the author to many surprising situations and places. He also wrote the novel 'Stoney Broke and the Hi-Spenders'.
Educated at Melbourne High, then over educated at Monash University (he was over education by the time he graduated) Rocky set about rendering his education virtually useless by pursuing life as a long haired musician - which he continues to do.
Rocky's interest in sport led to him being one of the pioneers of irreverent sports broadcasting. 'The Dropkicks,' born on Community radio, moved to 3UZ where his work with Brian Taylor and Sam Kekovich garnered a large following.
Rocky's time with a Koori band, when it was rare to see a white musician in an indigenous band, is recounted in this novel.
The author lives alone in Melbourne. Rocky spends many hours in 'Kumar Country' at The Thornbury Theatre, where he writes, consults and pontificates.
His heart lives in Ukraine with Marina. He is working on doing something about that.
Articles written by Rocky Dabscheck (12)
- 7 February 2017 | Presidents and prime ministers chat
- 1 February 2017 | Trump and Theresa: A love story
- 14 January 2017 | At home with Sussan Ley and It's Bin Cleaned's Graham Johnston
- 3 January 2017 | John Howard: On coffee, music and the meaning of life
- 30 November 2016 | Howard on Menzies
- 18 November 2016 | Turnbull calls Trump
- 5 November 2016 | Inside Turnbull's outer ministry
- 24 October 2016 | Making America great again
- 16 October 2016 | Senator James Paterson is turning 13!
- 19 July 2016 | Radio shock jock and the hysterical woman
- 2 July 2016 | Eddie puts Howard in the Hot Seat to raise a million big ones for #SeeNoDonors
- 9 June 2016 | Malcolm Turnbull on the campaign trail with Rocky Dabscheck
Donate to IA
We need YOU!
IA punches above its weight.
Help us sharpen our knuckledusters.
PLEASE DONATE NOW!
independent journalist, michaelwest.com.au