Rodney E. Lever
Rodney Edwin Lever was born on August 14, 1932, in Brisbane. He was educated at Cranbrook School, Bellevue Hill, and Sydney Grammar School.
In 1948, he joined the Daily Telegraph, Sydney, as a cadet reporter under editor Brian Con Penton. He later moved to the Canberra Times (1951) and then the Herald and Weekly Times (1953)
On November 7, 1953, Rodney married Pamela Catherine Hobbs.
He joined News Limited as founding editor TV Week magazine in 1954 and by 1958 was assistant managing director of Southdown Press in Melbourne.
Rod became Melbourne manager of The Australian in 1964. He served as managing director of the Northern Territory News and Centralian Advocate from 1968 to 1972 and General Manager of News Limited Queensland from 1972 to 1978.
Rodney Lever then worked for Queensland Newspapers from 1978 to 1999, when he retired.
He now lives in the Glass House Mountains, Queensland. He has six children; one, a journalist, Mark Lever, served with AAP and one daughter, Brigid Lever, is finance director of the ALP in Canberra.
Rod is also the proud grandparent of ten grandchildren.
Articles written by Rodney E. Lever (101)
- 28 November 2015 | Money, money, money: Murdoch's media tax
- 12 November 2015 | Sorting the sh*t from the strawberries
- 27 July 2015 | Labor after the National Conference: Backing turnback Bill
- 23 July 2015 | Can Abbott or Shorten ever re-ignite the Light on the Hill?
- 18 June 2015 | Sunday Times’ concocted Snowden story: Journalism at its worst
- 11 May 2015 | The Budget, the UK election, the Murdoch media and the fragility of power
- 2 May 2015 | The truth about Sir Keith Murdoch's Gallipoli heroics
- 21 April 2015 | A message to coal loving Tony Abbott from U.S. President Barack Obama
- 22 March 2015 | UK activists plan to 'arrest' Murdoch
- 21 March 2015 | RIP Malcolm Fraser: The member for Wannon
- 18 March 2015 | Turnbull's new media regulations and the cranky old crocodile
- 13 March 2015 | Aussie cowboy Murdoch's big Indian pow wow
- 25 February 2015 | A new Discovery? Rupert Murdoch wants more ... and more
- 16 February 2015 | The importance of being Abbott
- 11 February 2015 | The new Pig Iron Bob: Submarine Tony
- 9 February 2015 | Rupert Murdoch — losing his grip
- 4 February 2015 | Abbott, Murdoch, Credlin and the point of no return
- 15 January 2015 | The Murdoch mafia unwinds
- 7 January 2015 | I have a dream: More honesty and less Murdoch
- 2 January 2015 | Rupert Murdoch: It's all about the money, money, money
- 29 December 2014 | Is the net closing on Rupert Murdoch?
- 16 December 2014 | MYEFO ... and Tony and Joe's favourite lie
- 15 December 2014 | Guarding Australian journalism through Trust
- 8 December 2014 | Rupert Murdoch buys time by suing Scotland Yard for hacking journalists
- 3 December 2014 | Greedy Murdoch bulldozes Abbott into slashing the ABC
- 26 November 2014 | The trials of Rupert Murdoch
- 19 November 2014 | Murdoch’s iron grip over News Corp slips
- 14 November 2014 | Rupert Murdoch's Australian dream
- 8 November 2014 | Sun Six Conspiracy: News Corp sacrifices journalists to save itself
- 5 November 2014 | Rupert Murdoch's 'quiet retirement'
- 24 October 2014 | Gough Whitlam and the Rupert Murdoch memory hole
- 17 October 2014 | The shocking joke and the shock jocks
- 7 October 2014 | Abbott and Obama’s Iraq: The war that is and is not
- 20 September 2014 | Abbott's War and the world of oil and money
- 1 September 2014 | ISIL and Abbott
- 30 August 2014 | Murdoch's global grasping amidst dying Aussie dirt sheets
- 24 August 2014 | The last days of newspapers
- 9 August 2014 | News Corp: Beyond contempt
- 7 August 2014 | Remember the name: Dan Evans!
- 1 August 2014 | MH17 and Murdoch
- 28 July 2014 | Murdoch and Abbott: Climate change denialist flat-earthers
- 29 June 2014 | The tragedy of Rupert Murdoch
- 11 June 2014 | News Corp hacking trial finally heads to jury
- 5 June 2014 | The trials of Murdoch: News Corp get an F for management
- 3 June 2014 | Labor's path must pass on Murdoch
- 24 May 2014 | Murdoch and corruption
- 22 May 2014 | Murdoch and American law
- 19 May 2014 | Murdoch and the law
- 16 May 2014 | Rupert Murdoch and Vice
- 7 May 2014 | Rupert Murdoch's electric dreams
- 23 April 2014 | The next U.S. president: The Murdoch Clinton match
- 7 April 2014 | The Murdoch dynasty and David Jones
- 27 March 2014 | The Murdoch succession
- 11 March 2014 | The Murdoch payback
- 25 February 2014 | Tony Abbott's war on unions
- 17 February 2014 | Making sure there are no more ‘Murdochs’
- 14 February 2014 | The Murdoch trials and the Australian media airbrush
- 10 February 2014 | Murdoch at the crossroads
- 6 February 2014 | The grapes of Rupert
- 30 January 2014 | Tony Abbott, the ABC and Rupert Murdoch
- 29 January 2014 | Bombshell in Murdoch phone hacking trial
- 20 January 2014 | Murdoch puts mockers on Melbourne Club moves against Abbott
- 19 January 2014 | The Canberra cowboys
- 6 January 2014 | Breaking News: The last years of Rupert’s reign
- 4 November 2013 | Following the Murdoch money trail
- 31 October 2013 | News Corp teeters on the edge
- 29 August 2013 | The newspaper industry joke
- 23 August 2013 | News Corp apocalypse
- 13 August 2013 | All the news on News' blues
- 12 August 2013 | Tom Watson coming to Australia to take on Murdoch
- 8 August 2013 | The Coalition and Rupert Murdoch
- 6 August 2013 | The last croak of the media dinosaurs
- 29 July 2013 | Rupert Murdoch's pisspot pirate returns
- 17 July 2013 | The coming end of the Murdoch empire
- 16 July 2013 | Bill Gissane looks good against Mal Brough in Fisher
- 12 July 2013 | Murdoch in deep over 'Murdoch tapes' scandal
- 8 July 2013 | Will Murdoch tapes see Rupert behind bars?
- 6 July 2013 | The man who is Murdoch
- 2 July 2013 | Is Murdoch set to abandon Abbott?
- 15 June 2013 | The wives of Rupert Murdoch
- 9 June 2013 | Gillard, Whitlam and Murdoch
- 3 April 2013 | Murdoch in Darwin and his plans for Australia
- 1 April 2013 | Rupert Murdoch and his puppet, Tony Abbott
- 25 March 2013 | Newspaper venom and the untold stories
- 24 March 2013 | Australia’s new dawn?
- 21 March 2013 | Who the hell is Kim Williams?
- 26 February 2013 | Rupert and James Murdoch to appear in court in UK phone hacking trials
- 23 February 2013 | The future of investigative reporting in Australia
- 17 February 2013 | The 2013 Federal election fix
- 9 February 2013 | Caretaker mode and the ABC
- 6 February 2013 | U.S. historian compares Murdoch with Hitler
- 3 January 2013 | Rupert Murdoch faces his greatest challenge
- 28 December 2012 | If Rupert Murdoch wins in 2013
- 24 December 2012 | Rupert Murdoch’s reign of terror
- 23 December 2012 | Rupert Murdoch tries to buy U.S. presidency — MSM buries it
- 21 December 2012 | Dame Elisabeth Murdoch's shame
- 31 October 2012 | Rodney E. Lever: The Fall of the House of Murdoch
- 15 September 2012 | Rupert Murdoch’s crazy house
- 12 September 2012 | Rupert Murdoch in Black and White
- 8 September 2012 | How Rupert Murdoch took over The News
- 3 September 2012 | A 'good murder'
Donate to IA
We need YOU!
IA punches above its weight.
Help us sharpen our knuckledusters.
PLEASE DONATE NOW!