Dr Lee Duffield is Independent Australia's media editor.
He has been practising and teaching journalism for over 40 years. With the ABC he was the first news editor on the youth radio service, Triple-Jay, and the Europe correspondent at the fall of the Berlin Wall.
Until 2017, he was a senior lecturer in journalism at the Queensland University of Technology in Brisbane and continues to follow research interests in new media, European media and development news, notably in the Pacific region.
Articles written by Lee Duffield (37)
- 19 July 2018 | The economic impact of UK's exit on Australia
- 17 July 2018 | Football victory for France reverberates worldwide
- 6 July 2018 | Independence vote in New Caledonia looks set to reaffirm French rule
- 22 June 2018 | Telstra and the ABC in neoliberal Australia: No longer for everybody
- 25 May 2018 | Government attacks on the ABC reveal conflict over Australia’s future
- 11 May 2018 | Telling the Budget story: The devil not in the detail, it's in the big picture
- 4 May 2018 | The Right's war on cafe latte
- 26 April 2018 | Anzac Day popularity stronger a century after it all began
- 20 April 2018 | The fat cat is out of the bag: Time to reform the whole banking system
- 18 April 2018 | Cyber war: Russia not playing by the rules, if there are any rules
- 17 April 2018 | The plus-and-minus Commonwealth Games
- 7 April 2018 | Black power, the media and the Commonwealth Games
- 6 April 2018 | Not many Likes for Facebook this week
- 3 April 2018 | High stakes commerce and the end of cricket?
- 25 March 2018 | An inquiry into the future: Facing the digital avalanche in mass communication
- 24 March 2018 | A stand for journalistic freedom: Facing the digital avalanche in mass communication
- 23 March 2018 | Enter the 'Third Estate': Facing the digital avalanche in mass communication
- 13 March 2018 | Changes in the bush: Breaking the drought on Barnaby-style bluster
- 6 March 2018 | Facing up to hardship in the Pacific
- 26 February 2018 | Three billboards outside New England: I, Barnaby
- 16 February 2018 | The Barnaby Affair: Are the Liberals up to making him go?
- 4 February 2018 | #CabinetFiles: Who got the files together, why and how were they leaked
- 18 January 2018 | Two small primary schools and their mottos: A case study
- 11 January 2018 | Australian universities must eschew narrow fixation on jobs
- 26 December 2017 | Year-end round up 2017: What on Earth is happening?
- 8 December 2017 | Labor wins majority in Queensland — but now faces fresh challenges
- 26 November 2017 | #QldVotes: A split on the conservative side helps Labor win
- 21 November 2017 | Queensland election: Labor’s to lose?
- 15 November 2017 | Blowing up the Parliament: Can a Coalition-Labor citizenship deal work?
- 21 October 2017 | Australian universities under threat from creeping corporatisation
- 13 October 2017 | Marriage equality on the streets of Randwick: Is this the way it will go?
- 10 October 2017 | Dumbing down Australia: Conservative forces seek to block new media and ABC
- 3 October 2017 | Grand final victories: Melbourne Storm, Penrith Panthers and Richmond Tigers
- 25 September 2017 | Cowboys win: Keeping North Queensland on the map
- 23 September 2017 | Deciding your vote on ‘same sex marriage’ — one more view
- 21 September 2017 | Malcolm Turnbull’s struggle to be Bob Menzies
- 1 May 2017 | French Presidential elections: A legacy of corruption
Donate to IA
We need YOU!
IA punches above its weight.
Help us sharpen our knuckledusters.
PLEASE DONATE NOW!