Jennifer Wilson's No Place for Sheep is an eclectic blog that covers politics, society, satire, fiction and fun stuff. Jennifer sometimes share it with friends who are informed on a great variety of topics, so there’s an interesting collection of views and writing.
Jennifer has had two careers, as an academic and scholar and as a psychotherapist. She has a PhD, and now works at a little of both my careers.
She's published short stories in several anthologies, academic papers and book chapters, frequently on the topic of human rights, a central interest of hers. Her interests and writing are wide ranging, including cultural analysis such as the paper on Tony Soprano that appears on her blog.
She reads crime fiction for fun, literary fiction and critical theory when she need to work her brain hard. She's hardly ever without music, from Leonard Cohen to rock to country to classical.
Leonard’s Australian concert was her highest point of 2013, and Jennifer has been described as an L.Cohen tragic. This does not disturb her, though some say it should.
She's written for On Line Opinion, Suite 101 and ABC’s Drum Unleashed. In her spare time, she writes fiction, some of which you’ll find on the blog, and some of which is published in anthologies.
Jennifer lives on the edge of a world heritage listed rainforest with isolated beaches, and loves kayaking, swimming and bush walking. The above photo is taken in the back yard.
When she gets cabin fever and can afford it, she heads for other countries. If she could, she'd travel most of the time. A nomadic life has always been her dream.
Articles written by Jennifer Wilson (49)
- 23 October 2018 | Bringing back Barnaby
- 16 October 2018 | Australia's political silence enables the slaughter of women
- 21 September 2018 | How the Australian media play a pivotal role in the bullying of women
- 8 September 2018 | How Steve Bannon manipulated Australia's arrogant mainstream media
- 27 August 2018 | The Liberal Party's week-long revenge pantomime
- 15 August 2018 | Emma Husar, journalistic ethics and 'digital idiots'
- 10 August 2018 | The Husar case: Journalist claims there’s 'no obligation' to respect natural justice
- 4 August 2018 | How BuzzFeed killed natural justice
- 24 July 2018 | Turnbull Government misinformation on My Health Record data
- 19 July 2018 | Just how private will your digital health records be?
- 17 July 2018 | Barnaby's 'Leave Me Alone Tour' continues at Canberra Writers Festival
- 26 June 2018 | Trump gives in to 'compassion' but not Dutton
- 18 June 2018 | Eurydice Dixon: The message for women is clear
- 5 June 2018 | The Barnaby Joyce and Vikki Campion propaganda show rolls on
- 4 June 2018 | IPEA defends decision on Barnaby Joyce's expenses in complaint to IA
- 29 May 2018 | Barnaby Joyce's spending of public money deemed private by IPEA
- 23 May 2018 | How the royals and the media screw you
- 14 May 2018 | How a Greens Senator undermined democracy
- 24 April 2018 | The #MeToo backlash: When the word 'victim' becomes a weapon
- 10 April 2018 | Dutton and 'The Guardian': No longer 'dead' to him
- 29 March 2018 | Joyce, Campion and Turnbull's approval: When is a partner not a partner?
- 20 March 2018 | Dutton, Sunrise and the invisible system of white privilege
- 6 March 2018 | Cash and Joyce and throwing women off buses: It's the Turnbull Government way
- 27 February 2018 | The cost of the media's abject failure to report Barnaby's 'private' life
- 13 February 2018 | Would Joyce and Campion pass the Centrelink 'couple' test?
- 10 February 2018 | The Joyce affair: Media say they didn’t know about it until this week. No, really!
- 7 February 2018 | The Joyce affair reveals the media-run Coalition protection racket
- 6 February 2018 | #MeToo: It matters that Baird and Badham are wrong about older feminists
- 16 January 2018 | Deneuve, Greer and why #MeToo is not a 'witch-hunt'
- 30 December 2017 | #2 TOP IA STORY OF 2017: Why Barnaby Joyce’s private life is a matter of public interest
- 19 December 2017 | Turnbull’s brutal 'redress' compensates only 'good' child sex abuse victims
- 12 December 2017 | Parliament and the STC: What not to do about workplace sexual harassment
- 22 November 2017 | Same-sex marriage 'Yes' vote: High Noon in the Christian religion
- 7 November 2017 | Manus Island: A crime of the heart
- 24 October 2017 | Why Barnaby Joyce’s private life is a matter of public interest
- 26 September 2017 | Head-butts, boys in dresses and Abbott and Bernardi's shared psychosis
- 20 September 2017 | Turnbull’s postal opinion poll: A vicious, bullying farce
- 13 March 2017 | Bill Leak: Speaking freely of the dead
- 7 March 2017 | Centrelink respects your privacy — except in media releases
- 23 February 2017 | Milo and the alt-right: Is there honour even amongst morality’s dregs?
- 9 January 2017 | Turnbull's desperate cash grab from the needy, via Centrelink
- 6 January 2017 | #NotMyDebt: The Coalition's robo-debt fiasco another own goal
- 2 January 2017 | Another Manus refugee dies as Turnbull dishes out hypocrisy to the homeless
- 25 October 2016 | The Coalition Government vs Gillian Triggs
- 10 October 2016 | Trump gropes, Pence controls: The U.S. culture of contempt for women
- 3 October 2016 | Dastyari and Irons: Mainstream media and crime in politics
- 29 September 2016 | Turnbull's Taskforce Integrity: Let's start with the politicians, hey?
- 8 September 2016 | Dastyari: Sam I am, aiding and Abetzing Barnaby
- 19 August 2016 | Leyonhjelm on 18C: Never been a better time for two white men to duke it out
Donate to IA
We need YOU!
IA punches above its weight.
Help us sharpen our knuckledusters.
PLEASE DONATE NOW!