Lyn Bender is a practicing psychologist and a freelance writer.
She was the Manager of Lifeline Melbourne and spent a six weeks as a psychologist contracted to Woomera Detention Centre. After which, she advocated for refugees.
Lyn was arrested at the Save the Franklin River Blockade.
She is currently grappling with writing a novel.that may never see the light of day.
You can follow Lyn on Twitter @lynestel.
Articles written by Lyn Bender (58)
- 23 October 2017 | Misogyny, violence and machismo in 2017
- 22 August 2017 | Child Sexual Abuse Royal Commission and the Catholic confessional sanctity
- 14 August 2017 | Liquidating the Manus Island refugee camp
- 24 July 2017 | Kevin Rudd and Australia's 'No Advantage' refugee shame
- 14 June 2017 | The Finkel Review, fossil fuels and fake climate policy: What price the planet?
- 3 February 2017 | President Trump: A madman in the White House
- 22 November 2016 | Trump is Man: Watch him score
- 5 December 2015 | Malcolm Turnbull: Faking it in Paris
- 13 November 2015 | Turnbull, Hunt & Bishop: Piling on the porkies in Paris
- 8 November 2015 | Dutton and Morrison: Shades of the Third Reich
- 2 November 2015 | Malcolm offers Valium for our post Abbott stress
- 5 October 2015 | No longer Team Abbott — we are now Decent Family Australia
- 18 September 2015 | Exit evil tyrant. Enter loquaciously elegant pragmatist
- 8 September 2015 | Tony Abbott on the couch
- 10 August 2015 | Warning! Racist language
- 1 August 2015 | Sacrificing refugees to win the election
- 7 July 2015 | A Tale of Two Tonys: Whose side are you on?
- 30 June 2015 | Tony Abbott and his abusive government
- 6 June 2015 | The sins of the 'fathers': Catholic Church and Abbott Government on trial
- 19 May 2015 | Don’t feed the homeless or poor — it only encourages them
- 4 May 2015 | Death be not proud: Abbott and Bishop dressed in black
- 16 April 2015 | The Tony Abbott red room of pain
- 5 April 2015 | The murder of Saeed Hassanloo
- 11 March 2015 | Hey, Mr Minister for Women — I am Woman, hear me roar
- 3 March 2015 | Tony Abbott ... meet Dr Carl Jung
- 24 February 2015 | Climate change is real — let’s party!
- 13 February 2015 | Tony Abbott ... meet Sigmund Freud
- 7 February 2015 | Bali Nine's Chan and Sukumaran: Tragic pawns in a political game
- 25 January 2015 | Advance Australia unfair: Je suis les refugees du Manus
- 9 January 2015 | Our mean government and the not so happy season
- 16 December 2014 | Tony Abbott: Faking it but not making it
- 4 December 2014 | Abbott's Brave New World
- 26 November 2014 | It's raining men: Julie Bishop in the power zone
- 13 November 2014 | Tony Abbott and the Age of Stupid
- 22 October 2014 | Time to do better on Ebola, Tony Fiddler
- 7 October 2014 | Tony Abbott sends Australia off to fight the wrong war
- 23 September 2014 | Terrifying Tony's war on unpopularity
- 10 September 2014 | Facing extinction in the land of denial
- 31 July 2014 | Tony Abbott: Israel right or wrong
- 19 July 2014 | Israel's 'little bit fascist' Gaza destruction
- 11 July 2014 | The good, the bad and the unpredictable
- 23 June 2014 | Refugee Week does little to restore hope for asylum seekers
- 10 June 2014 | Suicide is not painless, Mr Morrison
- 31 May 2014 | Captain Abbott and his Titanic climate stupidity
- 13 May 2014 | What if Abbott and his cronies are just a bunch of psychopaths?
- 27 April 2014 | The 'World is Fukt' — OK?
- 7 April 2014 | Murder and mayhem on Manus Island: Scott Morrison and the Salvos
- 12 March 2014 | Tony Abbott and his headless chooks: Environmental abusers
- 25 February 2014 | Reza Berati's death diminishes us all
- 20 February 2014 | Slick Tony's Indigenous insincerity
- 11 February 2014 | Abbott ends Australian Age of Enlightenment
- 6 February 2014 | No country for old men — or women
- 28 January 2014 | Justifying torture in difficult circumstances
- 20 January 2014 | Australia's hidden persecution of refugees
- 14 January 2014 | We have heard an expert — so now we need the opinion of an ignoramus?
- 4 January 2014 | But what if Tony Abbott is just an idiot?
- 28 December 2013 | Don’t miss the bargains! Time to buy more landfill
- 10 December 2013 | A four degrees warmer Australia: Hot not sexy
Donate to IA
We need YOU!
IA punches above its weight.
Help us sharpen our knuckledusters.
PLEASE DONATE NOW!