John Haly is a freelancer for whom the changing political landscape from that which he grew up with, has induced him to write of his concerns for social justice and political issues. Educated initially with a Bachelor of Business, he followed these later with diplomas in multimedia and graphic design.
When not writing, he manages a freelance business, Halyucinations Studios in Sydney, doing work for clients in photograph, video production, design, IT support and web development and management.
Beyond his studio, John is the secretary of the film collaborative, NAFA and an active founding member of the Australia Arts Party. His previous history as former IT contractor and project manager for the ABC, the Reserve and a commercial bank, mining, transport, computer companies, government, university and a number of outsourcing firms has provided a background in a diverse range of commercial and public service organisations.
A fifth generation Australian born son of an English teacher and a businessman – whose contributions to the finance sector were recognised with an Order of Australia – he has lived and worked overseas, although mainly around Australia and lately in Sydney, NSW.
You can follow John on twitter @halyucinations or on his blog at http://auswakeup.info/.
Articles written by John Haly (20)
- 27 September 2018 | The wages of pollution is tax
- 28 June 2018 | Do unto refugees
- 13 January 2018 | Turnbull's new 'Keep Australia working' mantra just doesn't add up
- 17 October 2017 | Cannabis and heroin law reform amidst the futile 'War on Drugs'
- 15 September 2017 | Marriage equality: Understanding the arguments of the 'No' case
- 20 January 2017 | Centrelink's robo-debt fiasco now faces thousands of man hours to fix
- 12 December 2016 | Trump: Fascist or fascistic?
- 16 November 2016 | WTF Trump?!
- 21 September 2016 | Population Ponzi scheme
- 9 August 2016 | Terrorism, tourism and banning Muslims
- 21 June 2016 | Negative gearing: Myths and facts
- 3 June 2016 | Taxes, corporations and the guillotine illusion
- 31 May 2016 | Morrison the Magician: How to make our jobless and economic ills vanish
- 27 April 2016 | Growth and jobs: The Coalition's plan for recession (Part 2)
- 24 April 2016 | Jobs, growth and unemployment: The Coalition's perspective (Part 1)
- 1 April 2016 | Continuity with Change
- 5 March 2016 | Safe schools and marriage equality: An open letter to John Howard
- 18 February 2016 | Misogyny: Alive and well under Turnbull (Part 2)
- 7 February 2016 | Misogyny: Alive and well under Turnbull (Part 1)
- 3 January 2016 | Merry Christmas from the Government
Donate to IA
We need YOU!
IA punches above its weight.
Help us sharpen our knuckledusters.
PLEASE DONATE NOW!