Natalie Cromb, IA's Indigenous affairs editor, is a 31 year old woman belonging to the Gamilaraay (or Kamileroi) nation of Burra Bee Dee Aboriginal Reserve, just outside of Coonabarabran in rural New South Wales, and is a proud descendant of Mary Jane Cain who founded the reserve.
Natalie has lived and worked full-time as a paralegal in Sydney for the last 10 years whilst completing her law and history degrees. She has also been raising her daughter with her partner and is passionate about passing her culture onto her daughter.
Natalie is a passionate advocate for Aboriginal people and has, in all stages of her upbringing, held representative positions and been engaged in community organisations and work. Natalie considers the political and judicial systems in this nation to be responsible for continuing poor policy and legal decisions that continue to subvert Indigenous rights. She believes this needs to be brought fully into the light.
Articles written by Natalie Cromb (34)
- 26 January 2017 | Australia Day / Invasion Day debate: #ChangeTheDate — but not right now
- 15 December 2016 | Dylan Voller was 'set up to fail' says his fmr case worker at NT Royal Commission
- 17 November 2016 | NEW! Introducing Jingalu Craig's art to the IA Store
- 29 July 2016 | Turnbull sends message to Aboriginal Australia by appointing Brian Martin QC
- 27 July 2016 | Don Dale child abuse: Be part of the solution
- 17 July 2016 | Jenny Munro: Ten storey tribute to Redfern Tent Embassy founder
- 12 July 2016 | Racism: Pauline Hanson is the symptom, not the problem
- 6 April 2016 | Constitutional Recognition fades as momentum builds for a Treaty
- 16 February 2016 | Ignorant Alan Jones and the Stolen Generations
- 15 February 2016 | Indigenous Australia and an Australian Republic: Moving in the same direction
- 26 January 2016 | Australia Day: Invasion Day
- 28 November 2015 | Racism targets Indigenous people more than any other group
- 25 November 2015 | Inquest into death of Ms Dhu in police custody exposes institutional racism
- 18 August 2015 | Ignorance, cruelty, racism and bigotry in Australia
- 20 July 2015 | Tony Abbott's Indigenous advisors
- 18 July 2015 | Abbott Government: Incompetent, sinister and immoral
- 6 July 2015 | Recognise and the Government agenda
- 2 June 2015 | Australia is racist: Reaction to Adam Goodes' dance is just more proof
- 26 May 2015 | Sorry Day sadness and the widening gap
- 19 April 2015 | Noel Pearson's assimilation agenda divides Indigenous Australians
- 26 March 2015 | A fair go for the First Nations: Australia needs a Treaty
- 19 March 2015 | First Nations women speak out about Treaty at Redfern (Friday 21/3/15)
- 15 March 2015 | Tony the troglodyte
- 12 March 2015 | Abbott should be Closing the Gap, not closing communities
- 23 February 2015 | Indigenous community closures in WA: Barnett turns his back on traditional owners
- 12 February 2015 | Gap widens under Abbott Government — in outcomes and understanding
- 14 November 2014 | British bulldog Tony: Australia’s white supremacist Prime Minister
- 20 October 2014 | Bigoted Barry Spurr: Christopher Pyne's racist reviewer
- 21 September 2014 | Tony Abbott’s disappointing three day week in Arnhem Land
- 4 September 2014 | First Fleet comments define Abbott’s cynical dog-whistling
- 6 August 2014 | Why we need s18C: Racism hurts to the bone
- 22 July 2014 | Abbott's Indigenous funding cuts all about assimilation
- 4 July 2014 | Tony Abbott, terra nullius and Warren Mundine
- 22 June 2014 | I’m not racist, but...
Donate to IA
We need YOU!
IA punches above its weight.
Help us sharpen our knuckledusters.
PLEASE DONATE NOW!
independent journalist, michaelwest.com.au