Gerry Georgatos is a journalist, activist and former senate candidate in WA for the Wikileaks Party.
Gerry is a suicide prevention researcher, a prison reform expert and advocate who believes that children and adults should not be incarcerated for non-violent offences. He has visited prisons on a number of occasions to inspire the incarcerated to hope and various opportunities pre-release and post-release.
He is an adviser for Humanitarian Projects, Institute for Social Justice and Human Rights (ISJHR), Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders Suicide Prevention Evaluation Project (ATSISPEP) and Wheelchairs for Kids charity.
Gerry is the National Coordinator for the National Indigenous Critical Response Service and the Project Manager for the National Migrant Youth Support Service.
Articles written by Gerry Georgatos (27)
- 5 September 2018 | Australia's child suicide epidemic
- 29 August 2018 | Australian crimes: the tragic results of Nauru and Manus
- 26 July 2018 | The sad truth behind Noongar suicides
- 1 May 2018 | The shocking truth of Australia's Indigenous incarcerated
- 29 April 2018 | Wheelchairs for Kids: Spreading a message of hope
- 17 March 2018 | Facing the facts: Hundreds of thousands homeless and unemployed
- 3 March 2018 | NT and Commonwealth governments remain racist disgraces — apartheid
- 19 January 2018 | Stopping trauma in its tracks
- 9 January 2018 | Australia's child protection system is ripping families apart
- 15 November 2017 | Australia's abominable secret: A suicide crisis among children
- 24 July 2017 | Elijah Doughty's death was murder
- 14 June 2017 | Australia's unreported poverty line
- 8 May 2017 | Australia needs a civil rights movement to end mass Indigenous incarceration
- 3 March 2017 | Reducing Indigenous incarceration by transforming lives and schools in prison
- 10 January 2017 | 'MISS DHU': An ode to remind us to be relentless in demanding change
- 14 December 2016 | The myth of 'over-funded' Indigenous communities
- 2 December 2016 | Australia's shame: Some communities have 600 times the national suicide rate
- 2 November 2016 | Child protection myth: Bigger budgets 'save' families
- 16 October 2016 | Aboriginal suicide at crisis levels and the nation should weep
- 26 September 2016 | White Privilege, White Australia, One Nation: One agenda
- 9 September 2016 | Australia’s Indigenous children are incarcerated at the world’s highest rate
- 5 September 2016 | In memory of so many, there must be a national custody notification service
- 16 August 2016 | Government policy and Indigenous incarceration rates
- 4 August 2016 | Suicide of 15 year old Aboriginal boy in Don Dale a result of NT punitive culture
- 5 June 2016 | Indigenous Australians are still dying 20 years younger
- 11 December 2013 | Australia’s Federal Parliaments still reflect a White Australia
- 16 October 2013 | The Australian Aboriginal suicide epidemic
Donate to IA
We need YOU!
IA punches above its weight.
Help us sharpen our knuckledusters.
PLEASE DONATE NOW!