Dr Benjamin T Jones
Dr Benjamin T. Jones is a historian, author, and social commentator based in Canberra. He has been a regular contributor to Independent Australia since its inception in 2010. He has taught history and politics at several universities and currently works in the School of History at the Australian National University.
Dr Jones is a recognised expert on republicanism and nationalism, and Australian social and political history. His books include Atheism for Christians, Republicanism and Responsible Government, Project Republic, and Something To Read.
Articles written by Dr Benjamin T Jones (46)
- 13 July 2018 | Where does Mark Latham sit among Labor rats?
- 17 August 2017 | Tony Abbott is not a dual citizen — he is something worse
- 23 January 2017 | Does Australia Day commemorate genocide?
- 15 December 2016 | In a post-truth world, opinion is as good as fact
- 15 October 2016 | Hillsong’s godumentary will please the faithful (but few else)
- 23 September 2016 | The bald-faced hypocrisy of Same Sex Marriage opponents
- 7 August 2016 | Owen Campbell’s blues odyssey continues with new album
- 6 July 2016 | Another hung parliament for Australia or was that just a warm-up vote?
- 11 May 2016 | Liberal attacks on Medicare are anything but Christian
- 30 March 2016 | Why is it so hard to change the flag?
- 28 January 2016 | Could this be the new Australian flag?
- 10 January 2016 | Choosing a new Australian flag
- 13 December 2015 | Should Male Feminists Know Their Place?
- 7 December 2015 | Clementine Ford and the case for exposing online abuse against women
- 26 November 2015 | Australia's long history of union bashing
- 21 May 2015 | Why the next federal election will be the most important in decades
- 7 December 2014 | The Liberal Party conundrum: Abbott must stay and go
- 14 September 2014 | Note to Scotland from Australian republicans: Don’t be scared away from saying ‘Yes!’
- 16 June 2014 | Andrew Bolt, Karl Marx and the casualisation of Australian universities
- 21 April 2014 | And now for yet another royal tour
- 24 February 2014 | Manus Island and the horrors in Australia’s soul
- 15 August 2013 | Abbott should judge women on merit not sex appeal
- 28 June 2013 | Rudd's return sparks ALP fightback
- 20 June 2013 | Housos add racism to misogyny but SBS could not care less
- 9 May 2013 | SBS — Housos and hypocrisy
- 4 April 2013 | Housos hide while SBS disowns them
- 3 April 2013 | Housos war on Julia Gillard
- 10 March 2013 | Something to Read While the Women of this World Pass You By
- 23 February 2013 | Liberals and Nazis gather to support Geert Wilders
- 11 January 2013 | If Slipper is guilty — then what about Abbott?
- 3 November 2012 | Save Parkes Place ― because symbols matter
- 3 October 2012 | Who wants to confront Alan Jones? Anyone But Abbott
- 19 September 2012 | Bernardi and Benson’s illogical arguments against same-sex marriage
- 3 September 2012 | 'Anyone But Abbott' a chance for Liberal moderates to rise
- 15 July 2012 | How Seven turns riches into rags — to create riches
- 12 July 2012 | Political footy fans wreck democracy
- 11 May 2012 | Who’s your Daddy?
- 8 May 2012 | On the slippery slope with Slippery Pete
- 24 April 2012 | The curious timing of the staffer against the Speaker
- 19 April 2012 | Owen Campbell has talent fragile B grade celebrities lack
- 24 February 2012 | Right wing factional hubris makes Gillard a sitting duck
- 23 February 2012 | The young and the Ruddless
- 13 December 2011 | On wilful ignorance
- 20 May 2011 | Is the Sydney Morning Herald prostituting itself?
- 15 October 2010 | Australia, land of democracy and equality
- 18 August 2010 | The institution of monarchy is the problem
Donate to IA
We need YOU!
IA punches above its weight.
Help us sharpen our knuckledusters.
PLEASE DONATE NOW!