Belinda "Bee" Jones is a former teacher with a Bachelor of Education from Griffith University, Queensland. Born in Melbourne, raised in Sydney and now living on the Gold Coast, Belinda is a mother of three and grandmother of two.
Belinda celebrates her 50th birthday later this year by doing what many people do for that momentous occasion, jumping out of a plane while strapped to another human, an odd tradition but one she is determined to uphold.
Belinda has a love of politics and cricket and can be found most days on Twitter commentating about one or the other. An eclectic work history from school classrooms, owning her own business to transport and logistics and FIFO work on a construction site, has given Belinda a broad range of life experiences, quite a thick skin and an acerbic tongue. An analyst by nature, Belinda is not content to accept things at face value but prefers to investigate and discover new clues and possible new outcomes.
Belinda spent a great deal of time in country NSW as a child, growing up half in the city and half in the country. Her heart can definitely be found in the country and she plans one day to opt for the country life in her twilight years. Until then, she enjoys the best of both worlds from the sensational beaches to the beautiful rainforest Hinterland on the Gold Coast.
You can follow Belinda on Twitter @belindajones68.
Articles written by Belinda Jones (10)
- 25 October 2018 | King of Spin Morrison unravels
- 18 October 2018 | Fifty days of ScoMo: a chronicle of our new PM
- 16 October 2018 | Stuart Robert's litany of transgressions
- 7 September 2018 | Quaedvlieg vs Dutton: What au pair!
- 31 August 2018 | The day the Liberal Party died
- 31 July 2018 | Sexed-up message needed to win ageing males swinging to One Nation
- 21 April 2018 | Littleproud's MATES rates for Vietnam's Vissan abattoir
- 16 April 2018 | How many Coalition MPs does it take to launch 400 'brown coal' jobs?
- 21 March 2018 | Barnaby Joyce and the Vikki Campion enigma
- 19 March 2018 | The not-so-honourable Barnaby Joyce: A family matter
Donate to IA
We need YOU!
IA punches above its weight.
Help us sharpen our knuckledusters.
PLEASE DONATE NOW!