Bilal Cleland is a retired secondary teacher who has taught English as a second language in secondary schools and English Language Intensive Centres in Victoria as well as adult education programs in Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia.
He has consulted to the Schools Commission Disadvantaged Program and worked as Organiser of English in the Workplace and International Education programs.
Bilal has held postions as Secretary of the Islamic Council of Victoria, Assistant Editor and Member Executive Committee of Australian Muslim News (AFIC), Chairman Muslim Welfare Board Victoria, Australian representative for Board of Governors, International Business Forum in Istanbul, President Independent Business and Industry Association of Australia and Secretary Australian Federation of Islamic Councils.
He is now a columnist for Al Watan (a Melbourne Arabic-English monthly) and the Australian Muslim Times.
Articles written by Bilal Cleland (6)
- 25 June 2018 | The defence of Western Civilisation: It's not over yet
- 19 October 2017 | Nothing learnt: Balfour and Britain's generosity with other people's lands
- 19 September 2017 | Frank Walker's 'Traitors: Why Australia and its allies betrayed our Anzacs'
- 20 May 2017 | The Turnbull Government, Australian values and the dogwhistle
- 16 May 2017 | Reclaiming Australia's white supremacy
- 11 December 2015 | ISIS fails to maintain anti-Muslim bigotry
Donate to IA
We need YOU!
IA punches above its weight.
Help us sharpen our knuckledusters.
PLEASE DONATE NOW!