Jenny LeComte is a Canberra-based journalist and freelance writer who began her career as a reporter covering police rounds, court proceedings and local council shenanigans for Rural Press Newspapers in the NSW towns of Cooma and Batemans Bay.
She later worked as a feature writer for the mass market women’s magazine That’s Life in Sydney, and as a content editor for an independent news and current affairs website called Public Debate.
Since moving to Canberra in 2004, Jenny has worked as an Australian Government `spin doctor’ under three exceedingly bad governments.
She has never surrendered her childhood ambition to be a rock journalist for Rolling Stone magazine or a war correspondent (whatever comes first).
Articles written by Jenny LeComte (17)
- 4 October 2017 | Tom Petty: A free spirit
- 4 September 2017 | Walter Becker: A true artist
- 10 August 2017 | The Rhinestone Cowboy rides out for the last time
- 27 July 2017 | Dr G Yunupingu: And now a deafening silence
- 22 March 2017 | Chuck Berry: The founder of rock and roll
- 29 December 2016 | George Michael: Daring to be different
- 11 December 2016 | Greg Lake: Doing it for love, not money
- 20 November 2016 | Farewell to Redgum legend Hugh McDonald
- 15 November 2016 | Leonard Cohen: The agony and the ecstasy
- 28 October 2016 | Pete Burns: Courting controversy (a tribute)
- 23 April 2016 | Prince: Purple Rain of tears
- 10 March 2016 | Jon English: A rock star life
- 8 March 2016 | 'Simply extraordinary' Daddy Cool guitarist Ross Hannaford plays last gig
- 11 January 2016 | Ashes to ashes: David Bowie, the man of a thousand faces, plays his last song
- 28 December 2015 | He's so fine: Easybeats front man Stevie Wright dead at 68
- 15 June 2014 | Farewell to Jim Keays — always the Master
- 4 June 2014 | RIP Doc Neeson — the gentle wild giant of Aussie rock