Dr Steven Hail
Dr Steven Hail is a Lecturer in Economics at the University of Adelaide, where he has lectured in financial and macroeconomics since 2002.
He has also taught during this period at both Flinders University and the University of South Australia, and before then at a variety of universities and private higher educational institutions in the UK.
Steven is a modern monetary theorist, which provides an alternative frame for understanding macroeconomic issues to modern orthodox macroeconomics, based on a more realistic description of how financial institutions and markets actually work, and behavioural and Post Keynesian perspectives on human behaviour and economic policy. He has more than 25 years of experience as a lecturer in tertiary and financial training institutions in Australia and the UK.
During his career in the UK, Steven was involved in training staff from all the major UK banks, many international banks, the Bank of England, many listed companies and the UK Government Accountancy Service.
Articles written by Dr Steven Hail (17)
- 5 June 2018 | The Turnbull Government's 19th Century budget management
- 12 May 2018 | A Job Guarantee: A better, cheaper alternative to the Greens' UBI
- 9 May 2018 | Budget 2018: Another unfortunate budget
- 2 April 2018 | From 'perestroika' to Putin: The rebirth of the Cold War
- 5 March 2018 | Trump's trade war and the option of 'fair' rather than 'free' trade
- 25 February 2018 | 'Yes, Minister': Alberici, Morrison and the Turnbull tax comedy
- 21 February 2018 | Is a universal basic income the answer to rising inequality?
- 3 May 2017 | Government debt versus household debt: 'Good' and 'bad' debt explained
- 11 April 2017 | Budget time: More pointless targets and fewer fiscal solutions, ScoMo style
- 28 March 2017 | Government mismanagement and Australia’s ticking time bomb of debt
- 17 March 2017 | Full employment: Starting a national conversation on jobs and inequality
- 7 March 2017 | Private super: Paul Keating’s innocent fraud
- 1 March 2017 | An Australian debt crisis?
- 22 February 2017 | Running out of money, budget emergencies and other neoliberal myths
- 14 February 2017 | GFC and spiralling debt: Isn't it time economists learnt from their mistakes?
- 7 February 2017 | Reserve Bank decision time: Good luck Australia!
- 25 January 2017 | Trump's success a result of trickle down economics screwing America's workers
Donate to IA
We need YOU!
IA punches above its weight.
Help us sharpen our knuckledusters.
PLEASE DONATE NOW!