Greg Barns is a barrister, spokesperson for the Prison Action and Reform Group Inc and the Australian Lawyers Alliance. He tweets at @barnsgreg.
He is the author of What's Wrong with the Liberal Party? Selling the Australian Government and co-author of An Australian Republic.
He was campaign manager for the WikiLeaks Party in the 2013 federal election, but is not a member of the party.
He has worked for a number of Liberal leaders and ministers from 1989-1999 and ran the 1999 Republic Referendum campaign for Malcolm Turnbull and the Australians Republican Movement. Greg was also subsequently chair of the ARM.
Greg lives in Hobart.
Articles written by Greg Barns (6)
- 14 October 2016 | Evidence shows crimes committed by our government on Nauru and Manus
- 24 June 2016 | Why isn't the erosion of our democracy an election issue?
- 13 March 2015 | Greg Barns: Telling the truth about Kathy Jackson
- 29 August 2014 | Rethinking Wagner and the Holocaust
- 6 July 2014 | Gaoling Rolf Harris and the case for restorative justice
- 5 July 2011 | Stopping investment from China will hurt Australia
Donate to IA
We need YOU!
IA punches above its weight.
Help us sharpen our knuckledusters.
PLEASE DONATE NOW!