Tracey Anton is a health contractor and community leader.
She lives on a farm in the rural township of Toongabbie, situated in Latrobe Valley, Victoria.
Tracey has been a long term advocate working with government for good governance and mining reform to inform good planning for our future well-being and prosperity.
She founded the website, Community Over Mining, as a way to interact between the government and community to ensure our state and federal governments have consideration to the legal, social and economic impacts that we would incur through continued mismanagement of our natural and built resources.
Tracey is a member of Gippsland 2020. She is actively involved in increasing the awareness of Gippsland’s unenviable legacy of aquifer depletion from decades of offshore mining and dewatering of open cut coal mining in Latrobe Valley which is currently putting at threat a prosperous and growing agricultural sector and flourishing tourism industry.
Her other immediate passion is through the National Pollution Summit and nationalising of environmental standards via a National Clear Air Agreement to reduce toxic pollution exposure and protect communities across Australia with a particular focus on Latrobe Valley toxic emissions discharges from coal fired powered stations.
Articles written by Tracey Anton (5)
- 6 March 2017 | Undermining Victoria's fracking ban
- 19 December 2016 | Gina bullying taxpayers won't solve Victoria’s gas shortage
- 6 December 2016 | Farming versus mining: Is the Andrews Government the new "country" party?
- 13 August 2016 | How Esso steals Victoria's water due to the hidden impacts of gas exploration
- 28 May 2016 | Turnbull's #Innovation and #IdeasBoom is to flog fossil fuels. KaBOOM!
Donate to IA
We need YOU!
IA punches above its weight.
Help us sharpen our knuckledusters.
PLEASE DONATE NOW!