John Laurence Menadue AO (born 8 February 1935) is an Australian businessman and public commentator, and formerly a senior public servant and diplomat. He is the founding chair and board member of the Centre for Policy Development.
You can read more about him here.
John's blog 'Pearls and Irritations' can be found at johnmenadue.com. It is a policy series on human rights, religion and faith, democratic renewal, health, media and immigration/refugees. You can also check out his autobiography 'Things you learn along the way'.
You can follow John on Twitter @johnmenadue.
Articles written by John Menadue (26)
- 14 October 2018 | Banks, insurance companies and other corporate failures
- 12 July 2018 | Plot thickens in East Timor espionage scandal
- 3 March 2018 | Health Ministers may be in office but they are seldom in power
- 30 January 2018 | Cricket, grog and junk food: A recipe for obesity
- 3 November 2017 | Jamming the revolving door: We need to curb rent-seekers and lobbyists
- 3 July 2017 | Demeaning our veterans: 'Merchants of death' fund Australian War Memorial
- 11 November 2016 | What can we learn from the election of Trump: Is there a silver lining?
- 9 October 2016 | Turnbull's 'best practice'? UN slams Nauru as inhuman
- 17 September 2016 | Aunty, with our prospects in life — what's the point of being healthy?
- 8 August 2016 | Vested interests and the subversion of the public interest
- 6 August 2016 | Loss of trust in political parties and institutions an urgent wake up call
- 1 August 2016 | Privatisation's lasting damage to the economy
- 19 July 2016 | Dangerous allies, outdated treaties and the takeover of Australia's foreign policy
- 16 July 2016 | Globalisation: Winners and losers in the gathering storm of alienation
- 7 July 2016 | What the major parties ignored in the election
- 25 June 2016 | Privatisation and the hollowing out of Medicare
- 14 May 2016 | No, conservatives are not better economic managers (Part 2)
- 13 May 2016 | No, conservatives are not better economic managers (Part 1)
- 4 February 2016 | Royal Commissions: Partisan politics or public interest?
- 22 January 2016 | Turnbull's media censorship and his NBN mess
- 14 January 2016 | Commercialisation and the casualness of going to war
- 25 September 2015 | Slogans versus facts on boat arrivals (Part 2)
- 24 September 2015 | Slogans versus facts on boat arrivals (Part 1)
- 30 July 2015 | Stopping the boats: A graph for lazy journalists
- 27 July 2015 | Bronwyn Bishop's big problem is partisanship — not expenses
- 16 July 2015 | Democratic renewal, vested interests and the subversion of the public interest?
Donate to IA
We need YOU!
IA punches above its weight.
Help us sharpen our knuckledusters.
PLEASE DONATE NOW!