Independent Australia applauds Bolt decision
Independent Australia believes the discrimination decision by Justice Bromberg was a good one for Australia — a long overdue reminder that discrimination, once such a feature of life here, no longer has a place in Australia.
Our esteemed senior correspondent Barry Everingham said in his article ‘Andrew Bolt is – officially – a racist’:
In the Federal Court of Australia today, His Honour Justice Mordecai Bromberg confirmed what most fair thinking Australians have always known — that the sanctimonious know-it-all Andrew Bolt is a racist.
The lunatics will be rushing out of the asylums to decry the verdict and surprise, surprise, the first to do so was Opposition leader Tony Abbott, bleating that Bolt should have been free to say what he did.
And the racist himself, this Andrew Dolt, was, of course, seething with righteous indignation, calling the decision “a terrible day for free speech in this country”.
That, not to put too fine a point on it, is total bullshit and typical of Bolt — one of Australia’s most egregiously self-righteous commentators.
And today contributor JD Lang took aim at the many self-serving journalists and politicians decrying the verdict in ‘Bolt cries crocodile tears about “Freedom of Speech”’:
Meanwhile, Bolt came out yesterday and wrote a front page article decrying the loss of his “freedom of speech” — making all the same revolting arguments he made in his original article — but this time without including the “facts” he made up to support his arguments originally.
So much for gagging Bolt.
Frankly, if you support the right of people to make crap up to denigrate and belittle people according to their race — you aren’t interested in freedom of speech. You are interested in the freedom of evil ideologues to tear holes into the fabric of our society – to start little wars – to deem some people superior to others.
Freedom of speech.
Andrew Bolt is no victim — he is an ideological warrior who will stop at nothing to get his odious politics out into the mainstream so as to weaken our society and turn good Australians against each other.
Read both these stories in Independent Australia:
- http://www.independentaustralia.net/2011/media-2/andrew-bolt-is-officially-a-racist/ by Barry Everingham
- http://www.independentaustralia.net/2011/media-2/bolt-cries-crocodile-tears-about-freedom-of-speech/ by JD Lang
OTHER GREAT STORIES IN INDEPENDENT AUSTRALIA
· http://www.independentaustralia.net/2011/economics-2/the-impossible-ideology-of-free-trade/ by managing editor David Donovan
· http://www.independentaustralia.net/2011/politics/sophie-mirabella-%E2%80%93-a-gift-wrapped-present-for-the-government/ by senior correspondent Barry Everingham
· http://www.independentaustralia.net/2011/war/terrorists-sex-and-violence-cowards-ruled-heroes-overruled/ by contributing editor-at-large Tess Lawrence
· http://www.independentaustralia.net/2011/republic/unfolding-republican-futures/ by history editor Dr Glenn Davies
· http://www.independentaustralia.net/2011/environment/new-mining-projects-threaten-queensland%E2%80%99s-food-bowl/ by Miriam Bauman
· http://www.independentaustralia.net/2011/media-2/mainstream-media-ignoring-occupy-wall-street-demonstration-police-brutality/ by William Rivers Pitt
· http://www.independentaustralia.net/2011/politics/scandalous-nsw-government-gets-soft-ride-by-media/ by Peter Wicks
· http://www.independentaustralia.net/2011/politics/financial-uncertainty-and-the-risky-opposition/ by Shaun Newman
· http://www.independentaustralia.net/2011/republic/monarchists-buying-facebook-likes/ by Lewis Holden
· http://www.independentaustralia.net/2011/republic/mathematically-afl-fans-to-trump-royals/ by Barry Everingham
· http://www.independentaustralia.net/2011/war/suicide-bombers-need-to-be-studied-like-other-murderers/ by Tess Lawrence
· http://www.independentaustralia.net/2011/republic/extravagant-royal-pr-jaunts-solidify-need-for-australian-republic/ by Carey Moore
· http://www.independentaustralia.net/2011/business/transnational-vampires-suck-lifes-blood-from-greece/ by Peter G Prontzos
· http://www.independentaustralia.net/2011/international/un-must-wrest-control-of-palestine-issue-from-usa/ by Robert Naiman
· http://www.independentaustralia.net/2011/republic/toadies-rejoice-mummy-is-coming-to-town/ by JD Lang
· http://www.independentaustralia.net/2011/war/independent-australia-continues-campaign-for-diggers/ by Independent Australia
Independent Australia is a progressive journal focusing on politics, democracy, the environment, Australian history and Australian identity. It contains news and opinion from Australia and around the world.
IA supports quality investigative journalism, as well as citizen journalism through a diversity of voices. It believes Australians are short-changed by the mass media and so it dedicates itself to seeking out the truth and informing the public.
Independent Australia believes in a fully and truly independent Australia, a nation that determines its own future, a nation that protects its citizens, its environment and its future. A country that is fair and free.
The IA editorial team possesses a wealth of experience through creator and managing editor David Donovan, senior correspondent Barry Everingham, contributing editor-at-large Tess Lawrence, history editor Dr Glenn Davies and environment correspondent Sandi Keane.
The Independent Australia journal is unaffiliated with – and not endorsed by – any other organization. It is wholly owned by David Donovan.
If you would like to advertise on IA, comment or contribute, please email email@example.com.
If you would like to see the bios for IA's scores of contributors, please click here.