Melanie McCartney (friends call her "Mel") has been in small business for the last five years and began writing upon request for Pro Print who had noticed her tweets and asked for her take on why she thought the Australian Labor Party (ALP) would do a better job of the National Broadband Network (just before the last election in 2013). The idea being to get points of views from the ALP, the Coalition and the Greens.
Once she got a taste for political writing and after some time, she knew she had to contribute more to society than tweeting about politics, especially with the lack of information and facts that is the mainstream media these days.
She tackles the hard stuff in an attempt to share that information with you in laymen terms, take away the jargon so it’s easy for most of us to understand. She researches her articles at length and is definitely a "long read" writer, aiming not be verbose!
Melanie was born in Western Australia and has lived at length in Queensland, New South Wales and various countries overseas including Malaysia, Singapore, rural Thailand (where she taught some English), Ireland, England, the Philippines and Fiji.
Melanie will most likely throw her hat into the political arena in the not too distant future. I
In her down time she loves reading, learning and singing.
Articles written by Melanie McCartney (9)
- 4 May 2018 | Taxpayer-funded surveillance: The Liberal Party database and i360 combine
- 3 May 2018 | Surveillance, shadow profiling and political omniscience
- 29 April 2017 | Mike Flynn and Cambridge Analytica: Propaganda in 2017 and how we got here
- 8 April 2017 | Is Cambridge Analytica the Liberal Party's 2019 Trump card?
- 28 January 2017 | Private prisons, TiSA and the human services privatisation creep
- 23 January 2017 | The Centrelink robo-debt debacle has only just begun
- 14 January 2017 | Environmental spin: An example of media disunity on renewable energy
- 16 November 2016 | Australia has lost its cultural identity
- 17 January 2015 | Shop Small! The duopoly of Woolworths and Coles is killing small business
Donate to IA
We need YOU!
IA punches above its weight.
Help us sharpen our knuckledusters.
PLEASE DONATE NOW!