IA's pre-election quiz #2: How well do you know Australia’s quirky political system?
1. (d) do not exist.
2. i.(d), ii.(j), iii.(h), iv.(g), v.(b), vi.(l), vii.(a), viii.(k), ix.(c), x.(i), xi.(f), xii.(e)
3. (a) according to his discretion. Part IV, section 58.
5. (d) Three. See here.
6. (d) 57
7. (d) Australian Libertarian Party is not a registered party. The others all are. No, really.
8. (c) Australian Rollerbladers Party and (f) Citizens Referendum Party are not registered. The others are.
9. (d) and (k) are not registered parties.
10. (a), (b), (c) and (d) are not mentioned. Only (e) the speaker of the House and (f) ministerial salaries.
11. (d) The Sex Party. After distribution of all preferences, The Sex Party has 51% of the vote to Liberals’ 49%.
12. (c) The Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
Next quiz: See IA, Saturday 4 June, 2016.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Australia License
Investigate Australia. Subscribe to IA for just $5.