How well do you know Australia’s place in the world?
1. (c) in the top ten
2. (b) Hungary and (c) Portugal and Cyprus combined are both correct. The property is 2.5 times the size of Switzerland, but only one third the area of Italy.
3. (e) $3,828 million, a reduction of 32.4%
4. (d) 60th, near the bottom among developed countries.
5. (h) all of the above. See here:
(a) The New York Times, USA
(b) The Vancouver Sun, Canada
(c) Le Figaro, France
(d) The Straits Times, Singapore
(e) Die Welt, Germany
(f) The Khmer Times, Cambodia
(g) The New Zealand Herald, NZ
7. (d) decreased 20.7% to $4,684 million
8. (d) fallen one place from 20th to 21st. Those who said (e), shame on you!
9. (a) Australia, Canada and Sweden. Data here.
10. (d) Canada. This followed the election of the Trudeau Government last November.
11. (d) decreased 40% from $614 million to $366 million. See page 8.
12. (a) tumbled from top to third in the OECD. Down to fifth in the world.
Next quiz: See IA, Saturday 25 June, 2016.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Australia License
Investigate Australia. Subscribe to IA for just $5.