IA's Election QUIZ: How well do you know Australia’s prime ministers? (No 4)
1. (e) The Constitution mentions ‘Ministers of State’ but not the prime minister.
2. (i) Bob Hawke
3. (f) Lyons was born in Tasmania. Watson was born in Chile.
5. (c) Keating in 1991/92 with 480. Whitlam passed the greatest number of bills through the House, but the Senate rejected a record number.
6. (a) Menzies in 1954/55 with 154.
7. (e) Tony Abbott. Fifteen have gone, including Abbott himself. So far.
8. (d) Kevin Rudd. Chris Watson was a compositor, the others journalists.
9. (e) Gillard’s misogyny speech.
10. (f) Kevin Rudd.
11. (e) Malcolm Turnbull
12. (e) Edmund Barton had no predecessor.
Next quiz: See IA, Saturday 11 June, 2016.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Australia License
Keep up! Subscribe to IA for just $5.