Michael~John Shea is an emerging writer who, after wandering the world searching for an inspirational idea, decided to settle on Queensland's Sunshine Coast and write novels.
His first names are spelt with a tilde not a hyphen, whenever a computerised system allows that to happen. That's why he hates Facebook, even though he has a presence there.
He is looking for a publishing house that wants a four-novel deal before the close of business today. Shea couldn't decide whether to write the Great Australian Surf Novel or an Absurdist novel, so he did both — but not in the same story.
He lives with his three children from a previous marriage and encourages their reading and writing. All he wants is to be left alone to write (publishers excepted).
He doesn't do photographs.
Articles written by Michael~John Shea (5)
- 8 August 2018 | Racism, dog-whistling and the fair go
- 27 December 2017 | #9 TOP IA STORY OF 2017: Eric Abetz vs Scott Ludlam and Larissa Waters: Why the s44 double standard?
- 6 November 2017 | Frydenberg, Parry and the s44 dual citizenship domino effect
- 20 July 2017 | Eric Abetz vs Scott Ludlam and Larissa Waters: Why the s44 double standard?
- 6 February 2014 | A plea for an Australian Republic from Prime Minister Tony Abbott
Donate to IA
We need YOU!
IA punches above its weight.
Help us sharpen our knuckledusters.
PLEASE DONATE NOW!