Norm Sanders AKA Dr. Norman K. Sanders is an environmental activist, mountain climber, trans-Pacific yachtsman, Alaska bush pilot, TV reporter, academic and politician.
Norm was born October 15, 1932, (84) in Cleveland, Ohio. He's now a naturalised Australian. Norm served in U.S. Air Force, Korean War.
- BS Geology-Geophysics, University of Alaska.
- MA Geogaphy, UCLA.
- PhD Coastal Geomorphology, University of Tasmania.
- Fulbright Scholar.
- Asst. Prof. Environmental Studies, University Of California, Santa Barbara.
- Lecturer, Environmental Studies, University of Tasmania.
- Lecturer, Human Ecology, Australian National University.
- Reporter, ABC TV "This Day Tonight"
- Active in the U.S. Environmental movement fighting offshore oil development. In Australia, became one of the first directors of the Tasmanian Wilderness Society in the battle to save the Franklin River.
- Elected in 1978 to the Tasmanian House of Representatives as the first environmentalist ever to win a seat in an Australian parliament. Elected to the Federal Senate in 1985.
- Now a Chief Flying Instructor on the NSW Far North Coast.
Articles written by Norm Sanders (20)
- 3 February 2018 | The Lavoisier Group, Peabody Coal and the climate deniers
- 12 December 2017 | California burns as the effects of climate change intensify
- 5 December 2017 | Plane crash review: Are Australia's aviation bureaucrats endangering lives?
- 4 October 2017 | What Trump's shameful attack on Puerto Rican Mayor says about him and the U.S.
- 19 September 2017 | North Korea's nuclear arsenal and Australia's Lucas Heights reactor
- 12 September 2017 | Hurricane Irma: Climate change deniers' chickens come home to roost
- 12 May 2017 | Tulsi Gabbard: Female, progressive and a serious US presidential candidate
- 2 May 2017 | Who is the voice of Australia's oil and gas industry propaganda?
- 25 April 2017 | Pine Gap is still there — bigger and badder than ever
- 18 April 2017 | Turnbull Government sells latest U.S. spin on North Korean nuclear threat
- 10 April 2017 | Turnbull, ScoMo and coal-lovers look out: Here comes Audrey Zibelman
- 8 April 2017 | Colonel David Hackworth: The man who loved the smell of napalm and hated war
- 28 March 2017 | What are the odds of Mad King Trump's impeachment? Place your bets
- 18 March 2017 | How to solve Australia's energy crisis? Close the aluminium smelters
- 14 March 2017 | Essendon's fatal plane crash and the dangers of overdevelopment
- 11 March 2017 | Azerbaijan's Trump Tower and the Iranian Revolutionary Guard
- 2 March 2017 | How long before Donald Trump burns downs the Reichstag?
- 27 February 2017 | The Australian's war on renewables
- 24 February 2017 | Donald Trump versus the Club of Rome
- 15 February 2017 | Why the Republicans worry about Trump: Is he the Antichrist?
Donate to IA
We need YOU!
IA punches above its weight.
Help us sharpen our knuckledusters.
PLEASE DONATE NOW!