Norm Sanders aka Dr. Norman K. Sanders is an environmental activist, mountain climber, trans-Pacific yachtsman, Alaska bush pilot, TV reporter, academic and politician.
Norm was born October 15, 1932, (84) in Cleveland, Ohio. He's now a naturalized Australian. Norm served in U.S. Air Force, Korean War.
- BS Geology-Geophysics, University of Alaska.
- MA Geogaphy, UCLA.
- PhD Coastal Geomorphology, University of Tasmania.
- Fulbright Scholar.
- Asst. Prof. Environmental Studies, University Of California, Santa Barbara.
- Lecturer, Environmental Studies, University of Tasmania.
- Lecturer, Human Ecology, Australian National University.
- Reporter, ABC TV "This Day Tonight"
- Active in the U.S. Environmental movement fighting offshore oil development. In Australia became the first Director of the Tasmanian Wilderness Society in the battle to save the Franklin.
- Elected in 1978 to the Tasmanian House of Representatives as the first environmentalist ever to win a seat in an Australian parliament. Elected to the Federal Senate in 1985.
- Now a Chief Flying Instructor on the NSW Far North Coast.
Articles written by Norm Sanders (2)
- 24 February 2017 | Donald Trump versus the Club of Rome
- 15 February 2017 | Why the Republicans worry about Trump: Is he the Antichrist?
Donate to IA
We need YOU!
IA punches above its weight.
Help us sharpen our knuckledusters.
PLEASE DONATE NOW!
independent journalist, michaelwest.com.au