Following a successful career spanning politics, media and technology, including a series of senior executive roles at the Seven Network, Laurie Patton is now active in the not-for-profit sector.
From 2014-2017 Laurie was CEO / Executive Director of advocacy group Internet Australia, where he was frequently interviewed on radio and television and quoted in the press, becoming one of the most vocal proponents of the need for a 21st Century national broadband network. He led Internet Australia's campaigns for all Australians to have access to the internet and the skills to use it – both for economic and social development – and appeared before a range of parliamentary inquiries — including the Parliamentary Joint Committee on Intelligence and Security where he argued the Data Retention Act was “fundamentally flawed”.
You can follow Laurie on Twitter @LJPatton.
Articles written by Laurie Patton (13)
- 30 June 2018 | It's not about privatising the ABC, it's about destroying it
- 17 May 2018 | Dissidents risk government intervention in domain names battle
- 10 May 2018 | auDA given ultimatum to sort out internal affairs
- 29 April 2018 | Bill Morrow slams the door and kicks the dog as he prepares to log off from his dud NBN
- 6 April 2018 | Goodbye Bill Morrow, the NBN Nero, who fiddled and raged as it buffered
- 24 January 2018 | Decentralise or die: NBN should digitally bring communities to life
- 18 December 2017 | Laurie Patton: Why I took on The Australian's ‘gun’ technology writer
- 1 October 2017 | Joint Standing Committee releases damning verdict on NBN debacle
- 22 September 2017 | Internet Australia needs board renewal and term limits, says departing boss
- 15 September 2017 | 'Baseless attacks' by NBN Co cronies see resignations at Internet Australia
- 9 August 2017 | Internet Australia continues to call out #NBNFail amid media attacks
- 6 August 2017 | The broadband debacle: NBN Co needs to eat its own dog food
- 21 June 2017 | NBN boss attacks Internet Australia under Parliamentary privilege
Donate to IA
We need YOU!
IA punches above its weight.
Help us sharpen our knuckledusters.
PLEASE DONATE NOW!