Climate News Network
The Climate News Network, the free, ready-to-use factual service that brings you the latest news of climate change science.
It is part of the Guardian Environment Network.
Articles written by Climate News Network (69)
- 23 January 2018 | Can a city's health and wealth really grow on trees?
- 19 October 2017 | Warming soils release carbon to further accelerate climate change
- 11 August 2017 | New generation nuclear reactors unlikely to arrive in next 30 years
- 30 June 2017 | Fading away: Money runs short for nuclear energy’s survival
- 21 November 2016 | Smart fabric creates renewable energy
- 10 September 2016 | New reseach: Countries going nuclear slower at reducing carbon emissions
- 27 August 2016 | Rio's green Olympics proved too pale
- 22 August 2016 | Internet energy impacts on climate
- 31 July 2016 | Nuclear "white elephant" on hold
- 9 July 2016 | Papering over flaws in nuclear records
- 24 June 2016 | Climate puts squeeze on cuddly koalas
- 7 June 2016 | Escalating costs of nuclear power: too risky for Australia?
- 18 May 2016 | Australian scientists warn of climate change flash flood risk in cities
- 20 April 2016 | Deniers reality check: 97% of scientists agree humans causing climate change
- 13 April 2016 | Big Nuke in big push for small nuclear reactors near towns
- 16 March 2016 | RESEARCH: Sea level rise from global warming likely to cause massive costs
- 7 March 2016 | STUDY: Global warming set to further increase inequality
- 29 February 2016 | U.S. and WTO block India’s solar power plan
- 2 February 2016 | New oil and gas well investment stalls as prices nosedive
- 18 January 2016 | The beginning of the Anthropocene Age: Humans leave indelible mark
- 9 January 2016 | Renewables could supply all Russian and Central Asian energy needs by 2030
- 14 December 2015 | COP21: Euphoria as Paris finally seals the deal
- 30 November 2015 | Planet’s future hangs on Paris COP21 legacy
- 26 November 2015 | New report: Catastrophic Queensland floods linked to global warming
- 24 November 2015 | Global warming may make Brazilian dam disaster much, much worse
- 3 November 2015 | Cash is key to Paris climate talks success
- 26 September 2015 | Investors run for the exits from fossil fuels as Paris Summit looms
- 21 September 2015 | Global warning slowdown an illusion — the world is heating up
- 31 August 2015 | Oil prices slide as Obama lets Shell drill in the Arctic
- 25 August 2015 | Renewables now second only to coal in generating the world's electricity
- 11 August 2015 | A very good THAWT: UK company turns tidal power into reality
- 27 July 2015 | Norway aims to become the 'green battery of Europe'
- 8 July 2015 | OECD: Coal investment is most urgent climate threat
- 8 June 2015 | Hiatus? What hiatus? Scientists show no slow down in global warming
- 19 May 2015 | Seepage: How deniers’ voices quieten and drown out climate scientists
- 11 May 2015 | Estimated $6.2 billion climate change hit to Australian economy in 2013/14
- 22 April 2015 | Key role urged on central banks in climate fight
- 18 April 2015 | Permafrost holds key to trapped carbon
- 11 April 2015 | Woodlands revival adds new piece to carbon cycle puzzle
- 4 April 2015 | Rich nations urged to cut temperature rise targets
- 30 March 2015 | Global sea levels to rise more rapidly as Antarctic ice melt accelerates
- 20 March 2015 | Old King Coal dying a slow death
- 4 March 2015 | STUDY: Climate change helped trigger Syrian war
- 3 February 2015 | No prospect of relief from constant nuclear headache
- 20 January 2015 | The Great Acceleration: An unequal world shows the strain
- 30 December 2014 | Professors tell greens to accept nuclear power
- 16 December 2014 | Lima agreement: Climate talks take a rocky road to Paris
- 2 December 2014 | Photonic radiative cooling: Hi-tech mirror offers hope for warming planet
- 11 November 2014 | Coal is good for humanity — or fossil fuel insanity?
- 18 October 2014 | Scientists refute lower emissions claim for fracking
- 5 August 2014 | Boom-or-doom riddle for nuclear industry
- 16 July 2014 | The nuclear option still dogged by waste disposal problems
- 11 June 2014 | Rapid Chinese coal demand decline may strand Australian assets
- 17 April 2014 | Fish on acid lose fear of predators
- 15 April 2014 | What the frack? IPCC gambles on gas
- 8 April 2014 | 'Bad value' UK nuclear subsidy deal ‘will kill renewables’
- 13 March 2014 | Arctic ice melt speeding up
- 22 February 2014 | Duckweed raises hopes for cheap abundant biofuel
- 16 February 2014 | Cities' twin heat problems face relief
- 14 February 2014 | Nuclear waste gets expensive
- 11 February 2014 | Carbon output 'will climb 29% by 2035'
- 23 January 2014 | 2013 was world’s fourth warmest year ‒ and Australia’s hottest ‒ on record
- 15 January 2014 | OECD: Australia worst greenhouse gas emitter per person
- 7 January 2014 | 'Dark money' funds climate deniers
- 3 January 2014 | Single stomachs help cut carbon emissions
- 24 December 2013 | Chinese pollution problems threaten Australian coal exports
- 19 December 2013 | Hydrogen fuel dream moves closer
- 12 December 2013 | Earth may be ‘doubly sensitive’ to carbon dioxide
- 20 August 2013 | Frack first, repent at leisure
Donate to IA
We need YOU!
IA punches above its weight.
Help us sharpen our knuckledusters.
PLEASE DONATE NOW!