Warwick Smith is an economist, ecologist, philosopher and freelance journalist. His professional interests include the application of evidence in public policy formulation, taxation economics, environmental economics and the history and philosophy of economics.
Warwick has previously worked as an ecologist/evolutionary biologist, mostly for government conservation agencies but also as a consultant. He currently works as a research economist with progressive think tank Per Capita and at the University of Melbourne where he’s doing research on the role of expert opinion in macroeconomic forecasting.
As the father of two young children, Warwick is part-time economist/writer/philosopher and part-time dad and homemaker.
Articles written by Warwick Smith (5)
- 27 October 2016 | Exposed: Scomo's 'fix' on housing costs a sop to Libs' Big Developer donors
- 13 October 2015 | Malcolm Turnbull and the distraction of economic growth
- 12 June 2015 | The Coalition want us to work more so we can give more to the banks
- 22 October 2014 | We want Gough
- 6 July 2014 | Coal or bust: How Abbott is stranding Australia
Donate to IA
We need YOU!
IA punches above its weight.
Help us sharpen our knuckledusters.
PLEASE DONATE NOW!
independent journalist, michaelwest.com.au