Steve Bishop started his journalistic career on a local paper in the UK in 1965, was an investigative reporter with the News of the World from 1973-81 (when it still had ethics), a senior reporter and feature writer on Queensland’s Sunday Sun from (1982-89) and for 10 years principal media advisor to Premier Peter Beattie.
He is the author of an exposé on government and police corruption in Queensland, The Most Dangerous Detective; the Outrageous Glen Patrick Hallahan, which topped the best sellers in Amazon’s true crime, organised crime category soon after its release in November 2012.
Requests to the Crime and Misconduct Commission for the release of Fitzgerald Inquiry documents held by Queensland State Archives eventually led to the release of “secret” information, which in turn led to a Parliamentary Inquiry and a special Act Of Parliament making the documents secret again.
Steve covered the Fitzgerald Inquiry for the Sunday Sun and believes it is essential for Queensland to have an independent corruption watchdog.
He now spends his time writing an irregular blog, travelling widely and investigating red wines.
You can read more by Steve Bishop at stevebishop.net.
Articles written by Steve Bishop (26)
- 17 October 2017 | Monckton now says the earth is warming – but not fast enough
- 10 October 2017 | Tony Abbott at the UK climate change deniers convention: Daring to be dumb
- 20 August 2017 | Brisbane Council's $68m land deal man sells home to beneficiary for $5.45m
- 2 June 2017 | Cedar Woods controversy could help decide next Queensland government
- 9 March 2017 | Wronging a right: The bid to reinstate disgraced former Justice Angelo Vasta
- 8 February 2017 | Joh’s corrupt police chief Terry Lewis may take sordid secrets to the grave
- 31 October 2015 | Queensland's most dangerous detective: A story of Machiavellian corruption and ultimate demise
- 13 September 2015 | Boomgate boo boo: Dutton's lame apology misses the point
- 20 February 2015 | Cyclone Marcia far from Premier Palaszczuk's only challenge
- 2 February 2015 | Queensland election: What we learned
- 30 January 2015 | Here we Joh again! Newman reveals asset privatisation is a scam
- 27 January 2015 | Campbell Newman's broken 2012 'Contract with Queensland'
- 19 January 2015 | Here we Joh again! LNP's Strong Choices to hit families hard
- 13 January 2015 | The climate wars: IPA amateurs inordinately outgunned by Royal Society experts
- 31 December 2014 | Here we Joh again! Newman's year of disastrous growth
- 19 December 2014 | Here we Joh again! Newman to spend $20m in pre-election ad blitz
- 12 December 2014 | Here we Joh again! Campbell Newman's spectacular lie exposed
- 27 November 2014 | Here we Joh again! Newman and News Ltd airbrush Qld hospital waiting lists
- 24 November 2014 | Government research paper scuppers Julie Bishop's Reef attack on Obama
- 17 October 2014 | Here we Joh again! Power asset fire-sale to slam Queenslanders
- 9 October 2014 | Here we Joh again! Newman’s $32 billion whopper — and other LNP lies
- 15 September 2014 | Here we Joh again! 'Tactical liar' set to replace Newman as Qld Premier
- 21 July 2014 | Stafford wipe-out dooms Newman
- 16 June 2014 | Here we Joh again! Carmody promotion a throwback to Terry Lewis
- 1 June 2014 | Strong Choices: Massive Lies
- 13 May 2014 | Newman Government kills Queensland's corruption watchdog