He is a former president of Australian Lawyers for Human Rights. He was awarded the Human Rights Medal by the AHRC in 2009. Stephen represented Dr Mohamed Haneef who was wrongly accused of a terrorism offence in 2007.
Stephen publishes book reviews (and is the book review editor of) Hearsay, the journal of the Bar Association of Queensland. Stephen serves on human rights and criminal law committees, respectively, of the Law Council of Australia and the Bar Association of Queensland.
Articles written by Stephen Keim (17)
- 22 December 2017 | The 'War on Christmas' myth (Part Three): Happy Saturnalia!
- 21 December 2017 | The 'War on Christmas' myth (Part Two): 'Australia is a Christian country'
- 20 December 2017 | The 'War on Christmas' and other myths: Returning to a tabloid near you
- 31 October 2017 | Kevin Donnelly, the IPA, discredited studies and the Right's 'universal truth'
- 21 March 2017 | Duterte's death squads: Crimes against humanity in the Philippines
- 8 June 2015 | Australian Reconciliation a long way from Vergangenheitsbewaltigung
- 6 October 2014 | Those first casualties: Stephen Keim SC speech at the Moorooka Mosque (3/10/14)
- 29 September 2014 | Here we Joh again! Leopard Newman removes Queenslanders' rights to object to mines
- 28 August 2014 | Judges, sentencing, ivory towers and ignorance
- 10 June 2014 | Clive Palmer, Jeff Seeney and Campbell Newman's Straddie donation
- 14 April 2014 | Newman's Queensland: Here we Joh again
- 17 March 2014 | March in March: Campbell Newman and the random legal danger
- 9 March 2014 | Queensland Government's crusade challenges right to work
- 23 February 2014 | Stephen Keim SC: Campbell Newman's ‘anti-bikies’ laws make Queensland look ridiculous
- 5 February 2014 | The Newman Government: The path to hell is paved with simplistic policies
- 27 November 2013 | Queensland Government's bikies battle makes some more equal than others
- 30 October 2013 | Queensland LNP trashes democracy and rights