RenewEconomy.com.au, since its launch in 2012, has quickly emerged as Australia’s best informed and most read website focusing on clean energy news and analysis, as well as climate policy.
It is read widely among the industry and policy-makers and others with a strong interest in the transition to a low carbon economy. It has a strong international readership because it also focuses on global trends.
In September, 2015, the RenewEconomy website recorded unique visitors of 245,000 and page views of more than 560,000.
There seems little doubt that the Australian economy – indeed the world’s – is starting the journey through one of the most dramatic transformations since the industrial revolution.
Like the first, this new industrial revolution will be led by changes in technology, this time driven by the need to act on climate change, energy security and resource scarcity. Much of the way the world does business – particularly in the multi-trillion dollar energy and transport sectors, but also in many other sectors – will change profoundly in the decades to come.
How this unfolds, and at what cost or benefit, is impossible to forecast. But it’s going to be fascinating to watch, to report on, and to analyse.
Articles written by Renew Economy (14)
- 7 August 2017 | Is Turnbull waking up to the political reality of the consumer energy rip-off?
- 19 July 2017 | The COALition's energy policy: Circa 1900s
- 19 June 2017 | Renewables and storage will crush coal way ahead of Finkel's forecast
- 12 April 2017 | Australia is now paying for Adani's dirty coal to kill our Reef
- 21 February 2017 | The COALition's 'clean coal' illusion
- 11 February 2017 | Coalition's "clean" coal plan revealed to be an "idiotic" fantasy
- 10 December 2016 | Finkel: Consumers drive energy reform and expose Turnbull as climate coward
- 21 October 2016 | SA blackout: Storm of controversy erupts over AEMO Report
- 11 October 2016 | Queensland fast tracks 'reckless' and 'indefensible' Carmichael coal mine
- 30 September 2016 | Coalition launches rubbish attack on wind and solar after SA blackout
- 11 September 2016 | Don’t butcher ARENA: Industry leaders sign open letter to Parliament
- 2 August 2016 | Could big data soon make renewable energy storage free?
- 29 July 2016 | Frydenberg admits renewables not to blame for SA energy 'crisis'
- 25 July 2016 | The latest renewable energy myths from Murdoch and the Coalition