Professor Paddy Dewan
Born in Cobram, Victoria, Paddy Dewan lived in Wangaratta, in the North East of Victoria, until he ventured off to University in Melbourne.
Dux of his school, he has gone on to complete MB BS, BMedSc, MS, MMedSc, MD, PhD, FRACS, and is a member of the Royal College of Surgeons, the Australian Institute of company Directors and the College of Medication Administrators.
His training in Medicine, Surgery and Paediatric Urology have seen him employed in Melbourne, Dunedin, Dublin, London and the USA. Returning to Australia, he initially took up a position in Adelaide, both as a clinician and researcher in Paediatric Urology. His has renamed congenital urethral obstruction (COPUM), developed new approaches to the management of anorectal anomalies, especially the megarectum(Rectal Ectasia), and has written a number of landmark papers on the use of plastics in medicine and bladder enlargement without the bowel lining (Augmentation).
In developing countries, he has assisted with the surgical care of thousands of children, particularly those with anorectal anomalies (Anal Deformity) and bladder exstrophy (Exstrophy), lessons that have facilitated improved care in other countries. Professor Dewan has published over 200 paper in scientific and other journals and books (Publications).
Paddy has a particular interest in valid reflection on clinical care, rather than just an audit process.
(Read more at paddydewan.com)
Articles written by Professor Paddy Dewan (8)
- 15 May 2017 | HPARA: Doctors and surgeons setting the standard for regulatory reform
- 6 November 2015 | Putting children at risk: The story of Liam and our healthcare system
- 18 October 2015 | One young boy's saga as a victim of puerile behaviour in our health care
- 8 October 2015 | The real victims of bullying in health care are the patients
- 20 May 2014 | AHPRA investigated and found wanting — again
- 21 December 2012 | Crisis of confidence in public health
- 13 October 2012 | The three ring medical circus
- 4 October 2012 | Shooting the messenger and kicking him while he’s down
Donate to IA
We need YOU!
IA punches above its weight.
Help us sharpen our knuckledusters.
PLEASE DONATE NOW!
independent journalist, michaelwest.com.au