The Order of Australia Medal was awarded to Peter Boyer in April 2015 for services to conservation and the environment, particularly in the fields of climate science and awareness.
Peter is a:
- Member, Al Gore's Australian Climate Reality, since 2006.
- Founder, Climate Tasmania, 2007.
- Current Member, Climate Action Hobart.
- Climate Adaptation Champion, National Climate Change Adaptation Research Facility, 2011.
- Former Information Services Manager, Australian Antarctic Program, 1989-2002.
- Freelance writer, The Mercury newspaper, since 2007, with a focus on climage change and energy.
You can follow Peter on Twitter @PeterBoyer8.
Articles written by Peter Boyer (29)
- 2 August 2017 | Barnaby shows Coalition's apathy to Murray-Darling water theft
- 16 December 2016 | While Turnbull spins his wheels, industry gets on deploying renewables
- 24 November 2016 | Marrakech and the moving feast of climate politics
- 4 November 2016 | Turnbull's continuing support for fossil fuels imperils us all
- 14 September 2016 | Turnbull Government's dysfunctional politics: Foolish and deadly for climate
- 21 July 2016 | Is the Turnbull Government awakening to a changing climate?
- 6 July 2016 | A hung parliament and climate action: The pressing need for leadership
- 28 June 2016 | Australia faces its own Brexit experience
- 22 June 2016 | Climate change takes its first proven victim at Bramble Cay
- 20 May 2016 | Move to sack leading CSIRO scientist shocks scientific world
- 10 May 2016 | Acidifying oceans highlight Australia’s barren climate policy
- 2 May 2016 | Greg Hunt’s cultivated optimism gets us nowhere
- 14 April 2016 | Australia's climate effort falling behind in 'critical decade'
- 11 April 2016 | Ice melt studies say we underestimate sea level rise
- 24 March 2016 | The crazy saga of the great CSIRO sell-off
- 13 February 2016 | Earth is running a fever - not that the CSIRO will be reporting on it now
- 13 January 2016 | Using trees for carbon accounts looks good but it's a con
- 8 January 2016 | The bunfight over super intelligence
- 27 November 2015 | Leaders will feel the heat in Paris
- 19 November 2015 | Coal: The black cloud on Turnbull's horizon
- 12 November 2015 | The Abbott experiment: Are we a country of suckers?
- 9 October 2015 | How can there be real tax reform without carbon pricing?
- 8 October 2015 | Tim Flannery: Atmosphere of Hope's bold ideas to mitigate global warming
- 25 September 2015 | Exxon's long conspiracy of silence on global warming
- 6 August 2015 | Labor recharges its climate policy but ditches a champion
- 3 July 2015 | Abbott strong on terrorism but weak on climate targets
- 25 June 2015 | Pope Francis recasts debate on climate change
- 21 May 2015 | Biomass: A burning issue for the beleagured RET
- 30 April 2015 | Greg Hunt says ERF “stunning” success...really?