Norm Sanders aka Dr. Norman K. Sanders is an environmental activist, mountain climber, trans-Pacific yachtsman, Alaska bush pilot, TV reporter, academic and politician.
Norm was born October 15, 1932, (84) in Cleveland, Ohio. He's now a naturalized Australian. Norm served in U.S. Air Force, Korean War.
- BS Geology-Geophysics, University of Alaska.
- MA Geogaphy, UCLA.
- PhD Coastal Geomorphology, University of Tasmania.
- Fulbright Scholar.
- Asst. Prof. Environmental Studies, University Of California, Santa Barbara.
- Lecturer, Environmental Studies, University of Tasmania.
- Lecturer, Human Ecology, Australian National University.
- Reporter, ABC TV "This Day Tonight"
- Active in the U.S. Environmental movement fighting offshore oil development. In Australia became the first Director of the Tasmanian Wilderness Society in the battle to save the Franklin.
- Elected in 1978 to the Tasmanian House of Representatives as the first environmentalist ever to win a seat in an Australian parliament. Elected to the Federal Senate in 1985.
- Now a Chief Flying Instructor on the NSW Far North Coast.
Articles written by Norm Sanders (19)
- 12 December 2017 | California burns as the effects of climate change intensify
- 5 December 2017 | Plane crash review: Are Australia's aviation bureaucrats endangering lives?
- 4 October 2017 | What Trump's shameful attack on Puerto Rican Mayor says about him and the U.S.
- 19 September 2017 | North Korea's nuclear arsenal and Australia's Lucas Heights reactor
- 12 September 2017 | Hurricane Irma: Climate change deniers' chickens come home to roost
- 12 May 2017 | Tulsi Gabbard: Female, progressive and a serious US presidential candidate
- 2 May 2017 | Who is the voice of Australia's oil and gas industry propaganda?
- 25 April 2017 | Pine Gap is still there — bigger and badder than ever
- 18 April 2017 | Turnbull Government sells latest U.S. spin on North Korean nuclear threat
- 10 April 2017 | Turnbull, ScoMo and coal-lovers look out: Here comes Audrey Zibelman
- 8 April 2017 | Colonel David Hackworth: The man who loved the smell of napalm and hated war
- 28 March 2017 | What are the odds of Mad King Trump's impeachment? Place your bets
- 18 March 2017 | How to solve Australia's energy crisis? Close the aluminium smelters
- 14 March 2017 | Essendon's fatal plane crash and the dangers of overdevelopment
- 11 March 2017 | Azerbaijan's Trump Tower and the Iranian Revolutionary Guard
- 2 March 2017 | How long before Donald Trump burns downs the Reichstag?
- 27 February 2017 | The Australian's war on renewables
- 24 February 2017 | Donald Trump versus the Club of Rome
- 15 February 2017 | Why the Republicans worry about Trump: Is he the Antichrist?