Murray Hunter has been involved in Asia-Pacific business for the last 30 years as an entrepreneur, consultant, academic, and researcher.
As an entrepreneur he was involved in numerous start-ups, developing a lot of patented technology, where one of his enterprises was listed in 1992 as the fifth fastest going company on the BRW/Price Waterhouse Fast100 list in Australia.
Murray is now an associate professor at the University Malaysia Perlis, spending a lot of time consulting to Asian governments on community development and village biotechnology, both at the strategic level and “on the ground”. He is also a visiting professor at a number of universities and regular speaker at conferences and workshops in the region.
Murray is the author of a number of books, numerous research and conceptual papers in referred journals, and commentator on the issues of entrepreneurship, development, and politics in a number of magazines and online news sites around the world. He takes a trans-disciplinary view of issues and events, trying to relate this to the enrichment and empowerment of people in the region.
Articles written by Murray Hunter (22)
- 12 October 2017 | Sovereignty lost: Foreign agents infiltrate Australian Public Service
- 2 October 2016 | Silencing free speech and corporate abuse of copyright law
- 31 December 2015 | Can the ASEAN Economic Community be a success?
- 3 October 2015 | A new vision for Malaysia (Part 2)
- 2 October 2015 | A new vision for Malaysia (Part 1)
- 10 August 2015 | Australian Muslims and the search for a solution to the 'War on Terror'
- 25 July 2015 | Economic gloom for Australia
- 14 July 2015 | AFP using hacking software from group aiding human rights abusing nations
- 16 January 2014 | Australia's ageing tsunami and the coming aged care catastrophe
- 13 December 2013 | Is Singapore Western intelligence's sixth eye in Asia?
- 19 November 2013 | The surveillance state: How Australia spies on its own
- 17 November 2013 | Humiliation on the high seas
- 12 October 2013 | Winds of discontent swirl over Borneo
- 25 September 2013 | Abbott Government denies Malaysian lawyer visa
- 1 August 2013 | Australian Immigration — the Snowden link?
- 7 May 2013 | Australia's 2013 Defence White flag
- 23 April 2013 | Who is the Reserve Bank really looking after?
- 16 April 2013 | The Unites States' face-saving mission to China
- 11 April 2013 | Is Bob Carr a spy?
- 1 April 2013 | North Korea and America's Peninsula "game" strategy
- 27 February 2013 | Who owns corporate Australia?
- 19 February 2013 | Malaysian bureaucracy