Michael West is a Walkley award-winning journalist who has worked as a stockbroker and business editor.
He started his career with the Financial Review and worked most recently with the Sydney Morning Herald where he conducted investigations into multinational tax avoidance and bank fraud among other things.
He has launched a new website dedicated to investigations into big business, particularly multinational tax avoidance and energy sector exposés.
Articles written by Michael West (17)
- 22 June 2017 | Matt Canavan calls for taxpayers to fund corporate gas exploration
- 11 May 2017 | Budget 2017: The bank levy, leaks and insider trades
- 14 March 2017 | ScoMo tells the truth: Lower taxes push up property prices
- 11 January 2017 | Directors have little to fear as toothless tiger ASIC loses again
- 9 December 2016 | Seven reasons why lavishing a $1 billion subsidy on Adani is a truly inane idea
- 3 November 2016 | More strife for Rod Culleton: Second king hit to Turnbull's Senate numbers?
- 26 October 2016 | Rodney Culleton, One Nation senator extraordinaire
- 22 October 2016 | Michael West: Facebook claims to own the word 'book' — huh?
- 29 September 2016 | PwC gives bludgers a lesson in corporate welfare
- 15 September 2016 | Tax dodger BHP's secret tax haven, sham directors — courtesy of shadowy Citco!
- 8 September 2016 | Revealed: CBA's secret deal with Storm victims' lawyer
- 20 August 2016 | George Pell's Vatican bank shames Big Four audit giants on transparency, truly!
- 12 August 2016 | #NABandGrab outed for charging 28 per cent interest rate to blind, elderly farmer
- 4 August 2016 | Australia's lax foreign bribery laws sees U.S. clean up on corporate penalties
- 26 July 2016 | Taxpayers to foot the bill for mine closures
- 19 July 2016 | Gas cartels having a field day on Australian consumers
- 12 July 2016 | Tax havens and the "Big Four"