Evan Whitton was a reporter who became a legal historian after happening to see how two totally different systems dealt with the same organised criminal — Queensland police chief Sir Terry Lewis.
Dr Robert Moles (LLB Belfast, PhD Edinburgh) said Whitton’s fourth book on the law, Our Corrupt Legal System: Why Everyone Is a Victim (Except Rich Criminals):
“...is one of the most important books I have ever read on the common law legal system. [It] should be required reading on Introduction to Law courses in all law schools”.Dr Moles has scanned six of Whitton’s non-fiction books on to a section of his (Dr Moles’) website.
Articles written by Evan Whitton (13)
- 25 August 2016 | Do we need a banks royal commission or an American-style RICO?
- 13 August 2016 | How Rupert Murdoch went bad
- 28 January 2014 | How rape victims are denied justice — and a solution
- 19 December 2013 | Making the law faster, simpler, fairer — and cheaper
- 23 August 2013 | The Parliament of Australia(n lawyers)
- 18 April 2013 | Adversarial justice and the Gadarene Swine Fallacy
- 8 March 2013 | Justice system discriminates against abused women
- 11 January 2013 | How the Royal Commission into Child Sexual Abuse SHOULD be run
- 29 November 2012 | Looking back to avoid looking forward
- 1 November 2012 | Why white collar criminals ❤ judges
- 25 October 2012 | Turning a blind eye to white collar crime
- 3 July 2012 | Napoleon’s greatest achievement
- 10 December 2011 | Our corrupt legal system only benefits lawyers and rich criminals
Donate to IA
We need YOU!
IA punches above its weight.
Help us sharpen our knuckledusters.
PLEASE DONATE NOW!