Dr Steve Stankevicius
Steve Stankevicius is a medical doctor training in the specialty of psychiatry in Brisbane, Australia. He completed a Bachelor of Science majoring in Nanotechnology before going on to study a Bachelor of Medicine/Surgery.
Writing and speaking on a wide range of scientific and philosophical topics, Steve enjoys tackling complex issues in an accessible manner for those both within and outside psychiatry, with a focus on practical implications and solutions.
Steve has presented at a number of conferences, including the 2014 and 2015 RANZCP Philosophy, History & Ethics of Psychiatry Seminars, the 2015 RANZCP Congress Conference, and is due to present at the RANZCP Congress Conference in 2016 to be held in Hong Kong.
Steve is currently writing his first book, focused on the illusion of free will and its impact on psychiatry and society, and frequently writes for his blog.
Articles written by Dr Steve Stankevicius (5)
- 3 December 2016 | New study: Just reading about reducing meat consumption actually works
- 1 May 2016 | Why it's impossible to not actually be a cannibal
- 17 March 2016 | Letter from the rubble of a Salon article
- 17 March 2016 | Why the New-Atheists should become the New-Vegans
- 26 February 2016 | Baby Asha: How you can support her
Donate to IA
We need YOU!
IA punches above its weight.
Help us sharpen our knuckledusters.
PLEASE DONATE NOW!
independent journalist, michaelwest.com.au