Common Dreams is a non-profit independent newscenter created in 1997 as a new media model.
It relies on its readers and tens of thousands of small donations to keep it moving forward — with no advertising, corporate underwriting or government funding.
As a result, Common Dreams maintains an editorial independence our readers can count on.
Articles written by Common Dreams (59)
- 1 February 2017 | Trump adds Bannon to National Security Council — kicks out intelligence officials
- 5 January 2017 | Climate campaigners announce new major mobilisation to resist Trump
- 29 July 2016 | Corporate Democrats in U.S. shocked to learn the left hate them back!
- 20 July 2016 | Western hypocrisy under fire in the wake of the Turkish coup
- 17 June 2016 | UK Horror: Shock shooting and stabbing of Labor MP Jo Cox
- 16 June 2016 | Trump has the traits of a wife abuser and women know it
- 10 June 2016 | Sanders vows to fight on
- 16 May 2016 | For inspiring 'A new agenda,' Naomi Klein wins 2016 Sydney Peace Prize
- 13 April 2016 | 'Vampire squid' bank Goldman Sachs escapes with token fine for causing GFC
- 6 April 2016 | Sanders foresaw #PanamaPapers fraud while Clinton backed 2011 trade deal
- 5 April 2016 | Eggs fly as Panama Papers spark populist anger in the streets
- 29 March 2016 | #FeelTheBern! Sanders' victories turn up heat on Democrat superdelegates
- 14 March 2016 | Behind you! Hillary Clinton healthcare hit on Bernie Sanders backfires badly
- 9 March 2016 | Game-changer: Sanders achieves 'upset of almost unheard of proportions'
- 7 March 2016 | The pseudo-campaign: How the media enabled Trump by destroying politics
- 23 February 2016 | Study shows secret of Sanders' success: Democrats prefer socialism to capitalism
- 10 February 2016 | The new New Deal: Sanders' economic plan would catapult U.S. economy
- 2 February 2016 | Final poll gives edge to Sanders — but has Bernie already won Iowa?
- 19 January 2016 | Inequality overload: World's 62 richest people now own as much as poorest half
- 6 January 2016 | Corporate America increases pressure on U.S. Congress to speedily ratify TPP
- 28 December 2015 | There's a way to save our future: It's under your feet
- 2 December 2015 | 'Huge error': Former U.S. military chief admits Iraq invasion spawned ISIS
- 25 November 2015 | Does Turkey's downing of a Russian warplane portend deeper disaster to come?
- 17 November 2015 | Corbyn warns against cycle of war causing 'more conflicts, more mayhem and more loss'
- 15 November 2015 | Paris terrorist attacks: France must fight against fear and exclusion
- 4 November 2015 | Unions decrease inequality, strengthen democracy and improve the economy
- 27 October 2015 | Tony Blair admits Iraq invasion's role in ISIS rise, but no apology for the lies
- 14 October 2015 | Snowden and others issue warnings as Australia unleashes mass spying
- 6 October 2015 | Critics condemn 'disastrous' TPP as trade ministers seal deal for corporate elite
- 4 October 2015 | Will any U.S, presidential candidate support banning handguns?
- 22 September 2015 | Syriza retains rule in Greece but Troika's 'financial terrorism' still holds sway
- 16 September 2015 | The rise of Corbyn and Sanders shows the centre will not hold
- 14 September 2015 | Jeremy Corbyn's victory challenges war machine and austerity
- 1 September 2015 | Hillary Clinton's campaign stalls as Bernie Sanders shows new surge in Iowa
- 26 August 2015 | Donald Trump is global journalism’s American junk food
- 24 August 2015 | UK to apologise for Iraq war if Corbyn PM — and charge Blair with war crimes
- 18 August 2015 | Naomi Klein brands PM Abbott a 'climate villain' ahead of Australian visit
- 16 August 2015 | Adani blames activists for stopping Carmichael coal mine
- 14 August 2015 | As anti-austerity candidate surges: 'Corbynomics' catches fire in UK
- 12 August 2015 | Australia's weak COP21 climate goal sends 'shudder through the Pacific'
- 5 August 2015 | The Trans-Pacific Partnership has stumbled: Now it's time to walk away
- 29 July 2015 | European mining dispute illustrates risks of ISDS in TPP
- 28 July 2015 | Hawking and 1000+ other science/tech experts call for ban on AI 'killer robots'
- 22 July 2015 | Edward Snowden calls for technologists to build an internet for the people
- 7 July 2015 | Dominoes of Democracy? Europe's Left Finds Hope in Anti-Austerity Vote
- 2 July 2015 | Following Dutch footsteps, activists to sue Abbott Government on climate
- 1 July 2015 | Eurozone profiteers: How German and French banks helped bankrupt Greece
- 22 June 2015 | 'Stand with Charleston': American communities denounce white supremacy
- 4 June 2015 | Bullish on Bernie: Senator Sanders draws overflow crowds
- 3 June 2015 | UN experts warn of threats posed by secretive trade deals — such as the TPP
- 27 May 2015 | Stop the calling the TPP a trade agreement — it isn't
- 3 April 2015 | New report debunks "myth" that GMOs are key to feeding world
- 1 April 2015 | TPP vs Democracy: Trade deal spells out plan for power grab by corporations
- 8 March 2015 | On climate, humanity must rise up against 'collective shrug of fatalism'
- 10 February 2015 | 'Rotten core of banking' exposed: Global outrage follows HSBC revelations
- 9 January 2015 | Calls for unity and understanding as world mourns Charlie Hebdo
- 17 December 2014 | The U.S. tortures ... and an unrepentant Dick Cheney says he'd do it all again
- 12 August 2014 | Sectarian political upheaval rocks Baghdad as fighting rages in Northern Iraq
- 9 January 2014 | Capitalism is too good a name to describe neo-liberal ideology
Donate to IA
We need YOU!
IA punches above its weight.
Help us sharpen our knuckledusters.
PLEASE DONATE NOW!
independent journalist, michaelwest.com.au