Anna Talbot has been with the Australian Lawyers Alliance (ALA) since January 2016. She manages the daily aspects of the ALA’s federal policy and advocacy activities and provides legal and policy advice as needed. Anna has a long history of working in public interest advocacy in both a domestic and international context.
Before joining the ALA, Anna worked as a personal injury lawyer, assisting survivors of historical child abuse achieve justice for what they had suffered. She also worked with survivors of abuse in Kenya, taking testimony for a class action against the British Government in the Mau Mau case. While living in London she worked in competition law for a corporate firm and has also worked for the Attorney General’s Department in Australia.
Anna has also worked in advocacy on the international stage, providing legal and policy advice and conducting advocacy for Amnesty International in their work at the United Nations in Geneva and New York.
Anna holds a Bachelor of Laws with honours and a Bachelor of Arts, majoring in history and politics, from the Australian National University. She was admitted to practise as a solicitor in Victoria in 2007 and holds a current NSW Practising Certificate. She is due to complete her Masters in Law, focusing on international law and human rights, at the University of New South Wales in late 2016.
You can contact Anna by email at: email@example.com.
Articles written by Anna Talbot (6)
- 29 October 2016 | Serial controversy magnet Brandis has turned A-G office into a joke. Go now!
- 23 September 2016 | UN Refugee Summit NY: Turnbull breaks the commitments we have given
- 12 August 2016 | ALA demands Comcare prosecute over #NauruFiles abuses and WHS offences
- 2 August 2016 | Martin's resignation and the NT Royal Commission
- 22 July 2016 | Nice attacks: Accuracy is important to understand this crime
- 7 July 2016 | Safety of refugees in offshore detention is the Turnbull Government's responsibility
Donate to IA
We need YOU!
IA punches above its weight.
Help us sharpen our knuckledusters.
PLEASE DONATE NOW!