Comments are moderated and may be removed if they:
- are off topic;
- are defamatory or inflammatory;
- contain threats or personal attacks;
- contain explicit language;
- contain references to ongoing legal cases;
- contain personal information;
- contain links to unrelated, non-credible, violent, hatemongering and/or explicit websites;
- merely contain (a) link(s) without any accompanying explanatory text;
- are longer than the article itself;
- are spam, such as where one person dominates the comments so as to drown out other voices;
- attempt to close down debate;
- contain factual claims that are unsourced or unreferenced.
Comments will not be edited to remove any of the above.
Any comments that are seen to break any of these rules may be flagged by the reader, which will send the comment back to moderation.
Moderation is done in as fair way as possible, though by definition it is subjective and at the discretion of the moderators and the publication.
No correspondence on moderation will be entered into.